System upgrade, help me out!

Hi, everyone. I was originally supposed to buy a 4k capable gaming computer this summer, but I figured that with our current hardware, it is not possible. So, I decided to pretty much build a new system, keeping ONLY my CPU and HDD, which is why I consider it an upgrade. I currently have an AMD FX 8320E with its stock cooler, a shitty 760G chipset motherboard and some other trash. I decided to upgrade my system to these (pictures below) and also buy an rx 480 (or even 2) when it comes and when I buy my 4k gaming computed with Vega and Zen(+) , switch some hardware over to that. Here it is:
Any suggestions?

Screenshot_1.png

I have a Fury Nitro and an FX 8320E. Screw my life?

Don't invest anymore money with that AMD CPU, stick with your current board. AMD hasn't come out with a new chip since 2012, and it's rumored that they might latter this year, but even still don't spend money on a board for that old chip, either wait for new AMD CPUs, and save up for an i5

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Yeah I agree. 

Investing into a current AMD system is like spending money on a girlfriend cheating on you. 

3 minutes ago, ANewFace said:

Don't invest anymore money with that AMD CPU, stick with your current board. AMD hasn't come out with a new chip since 2012, and it's rumored that they might latter this year, but even still don't spend money on a board for that old chip, wither wait for new AMD CPUs, and save up for an i5

my current board overheats and causes the CPU to drop at 1.38 GHZ in games, killing the performance.

1 minute ago, Phoenix721 said:

my current board overheats and causes the CPU to drop at 1.38 GHZ in games, killing the performance.

The board shouldn't make a difference in temps, that's your cooler

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

9 hours ago, Phoenix721 said:

I'd recommend saving up your money till you have about $750 then buying a completely new list of parts. 

You can also sell your current ones to get extra money!

9 hours ago, Phoenix721 said:

Maybe spend a little bit of money on some case fans and a better CPU cooler?

Don't spend too much though (I guess you could reuse your case fans in the new system though!)

I phrased my self terribly. I am pretty sure that the board's VRMs can't handle the FX 8320E, so the processor drops to 1.38 GHZ. The CPU doesn't run that hot.

I phrased my self terribly. I am pretty sure that the board's VRMs can't handle the FX 8320E, so the processor drops to 1.38 GHZ. The CPU doesn't run that hot.

What board do you have?

1 minute ago, ANewFace said:

What board do you have?

An AsRock 960GC-GS FX.

An AsRock 960GC-GS FX.

I still don't see that as what could be doing that, but FYI  never buy ASRock

I still don't see that as what could be doing that, but FYI  never buy ASRock

Didn't choose to buy it. My old motherboard (which was rocking an athlon 64) fried, my mother took the computer to a tech guy and he replaced the motherboard (I didn't want it replaced by someone else, but my mother agreed) with this one. I was stuck with an athlon 64 and 2GB of RAM for quite some time, then I bought this processor.  It performs fine, but I am pretty sure with a motherboard that could handle it, it would do much, much better.

Didn't choose to buy it. My old motherboard (which was rocking an athlon 64) fried, my mother took the computer to a tech guy and he replaced the motherboard (I didn't want it replaced by someone else, but my mother agreed) with this one. I was stuck with an athlon 64 and 2GB of RAM for quite some time, then I bought this processor.  It performs fine, but I am pretty sure with a motherboard that could handle it, it would do much, much better.

If you must get a new board for it get the cheapest 970 chipset board you can find from anyone except ASRock, so you can save money for a new chip 

2 minutes ago, ANewFace said:

If you must get a new board for it get the cheapest 970 chipset board you can find from anyone except ASRock, so you can save money for a new chip 

I figured that since I will be stuck with this build for more than a year now, and probably crossfiring 480s, I would like to overclock the FX to its limits.

2 minutes ago, Phoenix721 said:

I figured that since I will be stuck with this build for more than a year now, and probably crossfiring 480s, I would like to overclock the FX to its limits.

It would probably bottleneck a single RX 480 to be honest, it bottlenecks a 970 and up

It would probably bottleneck a single RX 480 to be honest, it bottlenecks a 970 and up

Alright, I'll listen to your advice, fingers crossed you're right. What do you think of the rest of the choices? (almost everything will be moved to the new computer with vega and zen)

Alright, I'll listen to your advice, fingers crossed you're right. What do you think of the rest of the choices? (almost everything will be moved to the new computer with vega and zen)

Get like an EVGA G2 PSU, and the 750D I feel is a case that you almost have to have a perfectly done build to have because of how elegant it is, so like an AIO, lighting, good cable management, and a color scheme

Get like an EVGA G2 PSU, and the 750D I feel is a case that you almost have to have a perfectly done build to have because of how elegant it is, so like an AIO, lighting, good cable management, and a color scheme

I was thinking of custom watercooling the Vega card(s) and the zen CPU, but that is a topic for another day, hence the reason for the 750D. The EVGA is a nice option.