Windows 7 OEM?

Joke gaming

Hi starting a new build with parts below but was wondering about oem copy has anyone for any thoughts on it it is over £60 cheaper. The system will de used for gaming and uni work any thoughts thanks.

My System now I5 4670k ,H100i, Z87X-D3H, 8GB of Black Muramba, 7970 Sapphire with backplate , Thermaltake chaser A31 black with blue accents ,AX 760 With Blue Cabels, Samsung 840 120gb SSD ,1TB Black ,256 Ultra Plus SanDisk

IF you go OEM, don't plan on upgrading very soon, because it's bound to the 1st motherboard its installed onto.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

IF you go OEM, don't plan on upgrading very soon, because it's bound to the 1st motherboard its installed onto.

Apparently you call them up and they'll change it for you, or you just say that the key is not registered to any other computer and it should work as per other members of the forum.

Error: 410

no will say with motherboard for as long as I can

My System now I5 4670k ,H100i, Z87X-D3H, 8GB of Black Muramba, 7970 Sapphire with backplate , Thermaltake chaser A31 black with blue accents ,AX 760 With Blue Cabels, Samsung 840 120gb SSD ,1TB Black ,256 Ultra Plus SanDisk

If you reinstall on another computer you have to contact the call centre to re-validate the key. They actually don't care whether it is an OEM copy.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

wait...I've installed the OEM on 3 mobo's...................... First time enterd the key second time just did a re install and it never asked and then third time I used the same key as first time.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I have win 7 OEM and I've changed from an 1366 x58a-udr3 motherboard to a AsRock extreme9 2011 socket and it workes (didn't have to call up microsoft)

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Go for it. OEMs work excatly like retails, but you don't have offical Microsoft support (who need it anyway?) and you can't upgrade with OEM copy to upper tier or to newer windows versions. If you get fresh OEM there shouldn't be any restrictions, even if you have to change mobo at some point.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv