Replaced GPU and CPU and now nothing works

Commandershell

I replaced my cpu and gpu today, and also added an SSD. After the replacement my computer will turn on but my keyboard and mouse wont light up or even work, and nothing comes on the screen. It's like the computer is running but nothing in the rear IO works. Sorry for the crappy post but I really need this to run today. I already tried replacing the thermal paste on the processor but that didn't work either. 

Parts list:

- Gigabyte sniper G1 FM2/FM2+

- Radeon ghz 7770 -> GTX 950

- Athlon X2 7xx K -> Athlon X4 880k 

- Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz ddr3 ram 8gb x2

- Corsair 750m psu

- WD blue 1 tb hard drive

- Sandisk ssd plus 240 gb 

Before changing your cpu, did you update your bios to the latest version?

Have you tried replacing one ting at a time?

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

try running with 1 memory stick and the drive with your OS on and see if it boots up

I know it's a pain but I would swap out for the old CPU and see if you can boot into BIOS. The other components shouldn't cause peripherals to malfunction like that.

According to Gigabyte The 880K is only supported by BIOS version F10 and up. Get it here. Swap back the old CPU, Update the BIOS, and try again. 

Note that BIOS update is a bit of a risk. Do it from the UEFI. with known-good RAM. You do not want it to crash. If you mess up the BIOS update, you have an unrecoverable brick on your hands. There's no shame in having it done by a pro (or basically anyone, pro or not, if they guarantee a new board if they mess it up). 

don't they have a program on the site that will allow it to be done from the desktop?

13 hours ago, Naeaes said:

According to Gigabyte The 880K is only supported by BIOS version F10 and up. Get it here. Swap back the old CPU, Update the BIOS, and try again. 

Note that BIOS update is a bit of a risk. Do it from the UEFI. with known-good RAM. You do not want it to crash. If you mess up the BIOS update, you have an unrecoverable brick on your hands. There's no shame in having it done by a pro (or basically anyone, pro or not, if they guarantee a new board if they mess it up). 

Thanks so much, I will give it a shot when I get more time! I can't believe I didn't think of that earlier. 

Quick question guys, I went back to put the old CPU in and noticed some bent pins, so that's out of the question. Is there any way I can flash my bios with a usb drive and the new processor?

18 hours ago, LabRat said:

don't they have a program on the site that will allow it to be done from the desktop?

I wouldn't suggest that. If Windows crashes, or just that one program then the next time you reboot you'll have nothing but a paper weight.

It is far safer and easier to do it from the bios.

7 minutes ago, Commandershell said:

Quick question guys, I went back to put the old CPU in and noticed some bent pins, so that's out of the question. Is there any way I can flash my bios with a usb drive and the new processor?

Are you able to bend the pins back?

Some motherboards allow "Bios fashback" I think it's called. However most don't. Plus I believe it's an Asus feature, but I could be wrong.

It's not a race to the bottom.

If I bend the pins back and try running it again, cant that potentially damage the motherboard?

You didn't replace them with ham did you?

If so that's the problem.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

18 minutes ago, Commandershell said:

If I bend the pins back and try running it again, cant that potentially damage the motherboard?

Yeah, just be gentle and be grounded.  Shouldn't take more than a little nudge to push the pin in place.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Okay good to know I will be extremely careful, wish me luck!