Can I control 4 fans with 1 fan header?

iiLouiisVoii
Go to solution Solved by MrTopHatPiggy,
1 minute ago, iiLouiisVoii said:

ive tried using speedfan , following what jayztwocents said in his video but it doesnt work (when i try to configure my fans to be 'software controlled' the option isnt there) and ive also put my fans on silent mode in my bios and they are still loud as fuck

From what I've tried unplugging them works best for making them quieter. It just overheats quicker (then it did before)

Ok so I have 4 fans in my system all connected to one fan header on my mobo via a NZXT Fan Hub (its not the one where you can download software and control them) 

Was just wondering if I was able to download some other software or something and control the speeds of my fans

Do you mean as 1 or seperately?

Seperately no, since they are all counted as 1. If you wanted to control them seperately you need a fan controller.

1 minute ago, MrTopHatPiggy said:

Do you mean as 1 or seperately?

Seperately no, since they are all counted as 1. If you wanted to control them seperately you need a fan controller.

will i be able to control them all as 1 fan?

will i be able to control them all as 1 fan?

Yes.

how? :/

With a program like FanSpeed if your mobo is supported, otherwise you can change the speed in your BIOS.

3 minutes ago, MrTopHatPiggy said:

With a program like FanSpeed if your mobo is supported, otherwise you can change the speed in your BIOS.

ive tried using speedfan , following what jayztwocents said in his video but it doesnt work (when i try to configure my fans to be 'software controlled' the option isnt there) and ive also put my fans on silent mode in my bios and they are still loud as fuck

From what I've tried unplugging them works best for making them quieter. It just overheats quicker (then it did before)

3 minutes ago, MrTopHatPiggy said:

hahaha well thanks anyway

2 minutes ago, MrTopHatPiggy said:

Currently I do exactly the same. I have all my fan headers coming out a port hole in the back of my case and there I just unplug and plug in fans as I need them. Manual fan controlling