difference in static pressure between fans in horizontal alignment vs. fans stacked on top of each other

Display  Name

Okay, hear me out , basically i have a laptop that overheats and would like to force more air through the port to cool it down, i have 3 80mm fans and i will use some foam to create a somewhat airtight system, i know it works if i have all 3 fans horizontal, but if i stacked them on top of each other so they all blow the same air, then the pressure would be higher? right? if so would it cool my system faster?

The static pressure would be equivalent to whatever fan was moving the fastest. In short, stacking them on top of one another would yield basically no benefit. Spreading them out is the better option.

Have you tried clearing the system of dust? That can also help lower temperatures.

7 minutes ago, Display Name said:

Okay, hear me out , basically i have a laptop that overheats and would like to force more air through the port to cool it down, i have 3 80mm fans and i will use some foam to create a somewhat airtight system, i know it works if i have all 3 fans horizontal, but if i stacked them on top of each other so they all blow the same air, then the pressure would be higher? right? if so would it cool my system faster?

nope, stacking them will make no difference. just have them line up horizontally.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

yeah i have, its a lenovo y40-80 its know for having throttling issues, its just that the fans keep the bottom of the laptop cool but the exhaust is hot (85c) and not as much exhaust is expelled , i thought maybe the fans weren't  powerful enough to force all the air through the system, but if they were stacked it might be different story

the fans are 80mm,  1800 RPM, 15 CFM airflow each