Computer Turning On By Itself

Echino

Alright, I'll give you some specs for my computer first.

Intel Core i5 4460 (3.2 GHz, Quad-Core)

Nvidia GT 720

8 GB DDR3 RAM

1.008 TB SSHD

280W Power Supply

Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 8

I got my computer this past August. It's a Lenovo.

It came with Windows 8, which I then upgraded to 10.

When I got it everything worked fine. When I upgraded, though, things began to malfunction. On top of the general bugginess of Windows 10 in its infancy, there was one thing that stood out to me--- for some reason, I would shut down my computer at night, only to find it awake the next morning, even though I had never touched it. I even asked my Mother if she had touched it, but she said she hadn't. She was the only person who could have touched it.

After almost a year, this problem has contributed to higher energy bills and a large amount of annoyance for me.

Now, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that I don't know what I'm doing and that I'm actually just putting it to sleep or into hibernation. Well, let me make this VERY clear. I know what I am doing. I always shut it down. It never stays shut down, *unless something was upgraded when it shut down.* 

Any idea why? :( 

Get a cup of sage and light that shit on fire on your PC.

Um... No idea other than your not fully shutting it down.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Check the BIOS options to see if there's a "start on power restoration" or other similar option. 

I have read up a lot about virus and Trojans and so forth. Trojans have been known to turn on victims pcs.... So worse case is you have a Trojan and since you had it for a year the Trojan maker could be using your computer as 'zombie computer'. 

But this is really far off Idea for your problem, just putting my view out there. Probably some do with software as mark77 said, good luck solving your problem. I myself, may have a logic bomb or something like that XD. Good luck fixing your problem

13 hours ago, Mark77 said:

Check the BIOS options to see if there's a "start on power restoration" or other similar option. 

I press f8 while it's turning back on to get the BIOS, right? 

13 hours ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Get a cup of sage and light that shit on fire on your PC.

Um... No idea other than your not fully shutting it down.

#1 YOU'RE

#2 I am, the computer is stupid, it must think that "shut down" means "sleep". -_- 

#3 Ok, um...where do I get sage? Wait, nevermind, I grow sage in my backyard, whoops. xD 

On 5/28/2016 at 8:57 PM, yb4zombeez said:

Alright, I'll give you some specs for my computer first.

Intel Core i5 4460 (3.2 GHz, Quad-Core)

Nvidia GT 720

8 GB DDR3 RAM

1.008 TB SSHD

280W Power Supply

Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 8

I got my computer this past August. It's a Lenovo.

It came with Windows 8, which I then upgraded to 10.

When I got it everything worked fine. When I upgraded, though, things began to malfunction. On top of the general bugginess of Windows 10 in its infancy, there was one thing that stood out to me--- for some reason, I would shut down my computer at night, only to find it awake the next morning, even though I had never touched it. I even asked my Mother if she had touched it, but she said she hadn't. She was the only person who could have touched it.

After almost a year, this problem has contributed to higher energy bills and a large amount of annoyance for me.

Now, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that I don't know what I'm doing and that I'm actually just putting it to sleep or into hibernation. Well, let me make this VERY clear. I know what I am doing. I always shut it down. It never stays shut down, *unless something was upgraded when it shut down.* 

Any idea why? :( 

I think I might know the reason behind this. First off, shut the computer off but don't leave. See if you see the computer booting back up. If it does it right away, its most likely fast boot. I had a problem like this and the solution was simply to turn off fast boot. Try this http://acer-in.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37059/~/windows-10%3A-enable-or-disable-fast-startup. After you turned off fast boot try and shutdown the computer again and see if the problem persists.

Numbre

On 5/31/2016 at 5:29 PM, Number said:

I think I might know the reason behind this. First off, shut the computer off but don't leave. See if you see the computer booting back up. If it does it right away, its most likely fast boot. I had a problem like this and the solution was simply to turn off fast boot. Try this http://acer-in.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37059/~/windows-10%3A-enable-or-disable-fast-startup. After you turned off fast boot try and shutdown the computer again and see if the problem persists.

It starts up after about 30 minutes, although the time it takes fluctuates. For example, one time it took two hours. Regardless of this, I turned off fast startup like you told me to. Let's see if this fixes the problem. ;)