Twitch streaming - Issues with it and OBS

I downloaded OBS studio fairly recently in order to stream to twitch and watched a video on youtube to get a rough idea of settings to use and what not.

My first stream was in Euro Truck Simulator 2 and it streamed well video wise but I wasn't getting any sound.
I then messed about with settings and again streamed Euro Truck,2, but whilst I was getting sound just fine the stream was lagging when I was monitoring via laptop and then my smartphone. Upon reviewing the saved footage on twitch it was a stuttering mess.

I've then tried to stream some Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 but this was worse video wise.
Upon reviewing twitch saved footage the video lags really bad then freezes but the sound continues on perfectly fine.

So I need some help on getting the best out of OBS and twitch streaming. If you're interested my channel and the 3 streamed videos are here - https://www.twitch.tv/darklighthim/profile

My system is the one in my sig so not amazing but then still ok for what I'm playing. Also my internet speed is 155Mbps DOWN and 10Mbps UP with 8ms ping with a wired connection.

Desktop
i5-760: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb Asus GTX 760 2gb

Laptop 

i5-4300u: 8GB ram, Intel HD: 128GB: 1080p Touch

Sorry I don't know much about OBS really.

But "Also my internet speed is 155Mbps DOWN and 10Mbps UP with 8ms ping with a wired connection."

Sounds like you're on Virgin Media in the UK!

I hate that they don't offer any good upload speeds at all.

You can get double the upload speed from other providers, but then you're capped on the download to ~70Mbps. :(

Why can't we get 155 down and at least 20-30 up?!?

You will need to post screen shots from OBS settings. Otherwise trying to solve this issue isn't going to progress. Your specs should be ok, though GPU isn't going to pull off very high resolution. But I would say 720p is still possible. Do you drop frames while streaming?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

LoGiCalDrm is right, you have to post any screenshots of your settings! I am streaming with OBS too and I know how to set those OBS settings up correctly.

Why can't we get 155 down and at least 20-30 up?!?

For twitch streams, 10Mbps up is more than enough... Twitch only allows a max. up bitrate of 3.5 Mbps.

I didn't notice any issues when playing the games.
The 2nd Euro truck 2 video saved on twitch is awful to watch but it was running on my machine just fine. No lag, no drop in frames, freezing or anything like that.

I attached a few pics of my settings or the ones I think are relevant.

advanced.JPG

output.JPG

video.JPG

Desktop

Laptop 

@darklighthim, well the video looks like you'd have dropped frames. Can you do test recording jut to HDD and see if it has same issues.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Ran a quick 15 minute delivery in Euro Truck with OBS recording to HDD as suggested.

The video that's recorded plays back just fine and without any issues like I saw in my streamed video, plus according to MPC-HC there is only one dropped frame

Desktop

Laptop 

15 hours ago, darklighthim said:

Ran a quick 15 minute delivery in Euro Truck with OBS recording to HDD as suggested.

The video that's recorded plays back just fine and without any issues like I saw in my streamed video, plus according to MPC-HC there is only one dropped frame

That would suggest that problem is Twitch end of things. Are you using closest server to you?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The closest server to me is EU London UK which is what I'm using.

I'll see what happens the next time I stream as like you say it could be a Twitch problem.

Thanks for the help dude.

Desktop

Laptop 

I was having the exact same issue on Friday connecting to Twitch UK servers. it was epic mess. I was trying to stream at 1080@60p and was getting 15-20 fps.

Later I tried lower resolutions and frame rates but was the same, recording was fine though. Didn't test since.

Cpu: Intel core i7 4770k@4.1GHz CPU Cooler: CM 120v GPU: ASUS AMD RADEON R9 290 case: CM Storm Trooper PSU: Corsair HX750 motherboard: Asus Maximus VI HERO ssd: Corsair Neutron 250GB/Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD caviar Green 3TB Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2100MHz 16GB Mouse: Logitech G700s keyboard: Logitech G710+ Monitor: Asus ProArt pa238q Speakers: Mackie HR624

19 hours ago, olin1 said:

I was having the exact same issue on Friday connecting to Twitch UK servers. it was epic mess. I was trying to stream at 1080@60p and was getting 15-20 fps.

Later I tried lower resolutions and frame rates but was the same, recording was fine though. Didn't test since.

Actually now I remember having thing like that way back when I had time to stream. OBS showed no dropped frames, all three setting profiles (low,med,high) I had gave same thing. Just laggy mess for closest and few other servers too. I downloaded some small thing showing stress to each Twitch servers and tried like LA server (ping made it too bad to use) to get it working. It lasted like day+ and was ok after that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv