Silent 100% Fans?

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
1 minute ago, IAmLamp said:

I took everything up to 100% - raised and lowered to test it, didn't get much of a result, doesn't matter much now anyways 

Have you tried just putting it to 50%? It would probably easier to see if there are any changes. 

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It's Noctua's Ultra Low Noise Adapter. It lowers the fan speed a bit more than the normal Low Noise Adapter.

Oh, they themselves are not loud but the option was either like 1100 RPM or off entirely when I plugged them in and did the fan tuning 

Oh, they themselves are not loud but the option was either like 1100 RPM or off entirely when I plugged them in and did the fan tuning 

What settings did you use with the adapter?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What settings did you use with the adapter?

I just did fan tuning and then RPM mode, Smart mode wasn't responding well to the curves

20 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

I just did fan tuning and then RPM mode, Smart mode wasn't responding well to the curves

What happened with Smart Mode?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What happened with Smart Mode?

It wasn't responding to my adjustments in the graphing 

Just now, IAmLamp said:

It wasn't responding to my adjustments in the graphing 

Was the fan off, 100%, or some other speed?

Was the fan off, 100%, or some other speed?

I took everything up to 100% - raised and lowered to test it, didn't get much of a result, doesn't matter much now anyways 

Have you tried just putting it to 50%? It would probably easier to see if there are any changes. 

I'll try again and post results in a bit

I'm an absolute idiot. 

In smart mode there's an apply button at the bottom right that I didn't notice. That fixed it, thank you. I'm used to the standard RPM mode so I didn't see it. If I have more time tonight I'll work on it but for now I have to go. I deeply appreciate all the help, thank you!