May I ask a favour

Sodak

So awhile back a friend of mine had her dad buy her a PC and it's a pretty beast machine (except for the GPU), so I after my recommendation, she downloaded steam and I bought her a few games.  So her dad goes to install McAfee antivirus on her computer and it has steam show up as a virus.  He removed steam and refuses to let her re-download it.  I came to the conclusion that it was one of those viruses that make other programs look like viruses and despite her telling her that he is still convinced.

Do you guys think there is any information my friend could present to somehow change his opinion and a source for it?

5 minutes ago, Sodak said:

So awhile back a friend of mine had her dad buy her a PC and it's a pretty beast machine (except for the GPU), so I after my recommendation, she downloaded steam and I bought her a few games.  So her dad goes to install McAfee antivirus on her computer and it has steam show up as a virus.  He removed steam and refuses to let her re-download it.  I came to the conclusion that it was one of those viruses that make other programs look like viruses and despite her telling her that he is still convinced.

Do you guys think there is any information my friend could present to somehow change his opinion and a source for it?

I think maybe your dad installed a virus version of macafee. By the way, macafee is truely a joke. Even the legit version is basically malware.

My native language is C++

Oh, I don't know? Show him the millions of people who use Steam? Hmm... Lets see, Show him factual information that Steam is literally the #1 gaming store on PC?

Show him why McAfee is such a joke, multiple articles and video and show why something like MalwareBytes or even some lessly known virus scanner is 100x better than McAfee.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

@Hunched

I'll try to find an article about that

also I like your System pfp

@tt2468

It was her dad not mine, but I know right?  My dad and I used McAfee once and it wrecked our PCs

@DarkBlade2117

I'll recommend she try that too

"McAfee is one of the worst products on the fucking planet" -John McAfee 

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH