Super cheap/easy cable networking solution, reply to last video.

I saw your last video and I have a much easier, way cheaper method that any landlord can't argue with. It's also triphazzard-free and no wife would complain. It's also quite to install :P

So all you need is to buy long enough network cable that is FLAT, second you'll need to buy 3m tape. I bought the  2mm phonefixing tape. You guessed the rest. Just stick it on the wall next to the floor/ceiling, go around doors and all the way where you want it. The termination of the cable is not as nice as in the video though, if you've got any tips for that, please tell!

Personally i chose a cat6 cable because I have gigabit internet, not too sure if it was needed.

Cable: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Veetop-Networking-Broadband-Connector-49ft-White/dp/B0185OSCZW/ref=lp_3627157031_1_11?srs=3627157031&ie=UTF8&qid=1464173226&sr=8-11

Tape: https://www.amazon.co.uk/3M-Adhesive-Tape-Roll-iPhone/dp/B00OBCNU00/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464173273&sr=8-1&keywords=3m+2mm+tape

Hope people who doesn't want to drill or want a cheaper solution find this useful. 

DSC_0251 (1).JPG

DSC_0251.JPG

DSC_0252.JPG

DSC_0253.JPG

DSC_0254.JPG

DSC_0255.JPG

DSC_0256.JPG

Edit: CAT6 not Cat6e

You guys can do a better job, making it look better :P

7 minutes ago, VirtueSweden said:

Personally i chose a cat6e cable because I have gigabit internet, not too sure if it was needed.

cat5e does gigabit just fine.

cat6e is a "scam standard" btw, cat6A is the one to look for, since cat6e isnt *actually* a standard.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

cat5e does gigabit just fine.

cat6e is a "scam standard" btw, cat6A is the one to look for, since cat6e isnt *actually* a standard.

Thanks, I jsut checked the cable, it's just cat6, my bad. But it works and was cheap!

5 minutes ago, VirtueSweden said:

Thanks, I jsut checked the cable, it's just cat6, my bad. But it works and was cheap!

cat6 is a standard, 'cat6e' is a marketing term invented by chinese companies to make cheap cables, 'cat6A' is what linus uses at the office for 10Gbit.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

cat6 is a standard, 'cat6e' is a marketing term invented by chinese companies to make cheap cables, 'cat6A' is what linus uses at the office for 10Gbit.

Okay! Thanks.