Antivirus Software

Hello guys simple as that, do i need antivirus software? 

And what will happen if i dont have one.... 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

Use what comes with Windows and don't be stupid and you'll never get a virus like me!

Get MalwareBytes though, occassionally it will actually find a thing.

Just don't download and click on random stuff or go to unknown links and sites.

17 minutes ago, Hunched said:

Use what comes with Windows and don't be stupid and you'll never get a virus like me!

Get MalwareBytes though, occassionally it will actually find a thing.

Just don't download and click on random stuff or go to unknown links and sites.

What comes with windows, btw i dont have original windows. :D 

I have been an avast guy always till now..... 

And ya i dont always go to ''random'' stuff but sometimes hapens :D

Antivurus software arent ussless then are they? 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

3 minutes ago, Redjo said:

What comes with windows, btw i dont have original windows. :D 

I have been an avast guy always till now..... 

And ya i dont always go to ''random'' stuff but sometimes hapens :D

Antivurus software arent ussless then are they? 

Windows Defender/MSE comes with Windows

While not technically necessary if you are smart enough, I do recommend installing some antivirus. Most perform better than Windows Defender. Defender is disabled when another antivirus is installed.

If you want something basic/free, Avira Free Edition is great. It's lower impact than Defender and has a far better detection rate. It beats out Avast as well. I was die-hard Avast user for years but made the switch about a year ago after I started noticing degrading performance (causing slow loading web pages and slow loading thumbnails when going through files). Avira is harder to use though. Its interface could use some work. Avast definitely beats it there, but performance matters far more to me as I barely open my antivirus's interface.

Second line of defense, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It's been the standard for ages now. Good for finding the little things most A/Vs miss.

And not an everyday security program to run but a good rescue tool to start with in certain situations in case you or somebody you are helping installs some adware/other unwanted crap by mistake, ADWCleaner. Doesn't clean everything out but a great place to start if you get into some trouble.