headset + soundcard combo

mikerotfort
Go to solution Solved by MayflowerElectronics,

hello,

I am compltely new here and I need some help.

After a very long time (never) of playing games without any headphones/headsets I have decided to buy one and I am interested that the headset/headphone will have the capability of giving the surround sound experience everyone has been talking about lately, and I have come to a conclusion that virtualized surround will do the job so I am thinking of getting the sennheiser pc 360 and a soundcard which will give me the virtual surround sound but I cant seem to know which will do it.

So I need help in choosing a soundcard and maybe another headset since I am still not sure about the pc 360.

My price range is 180$ for the headset and 120$-150$ for the sound card.

My mother board model is : http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4145#ov

Thanks in advance to any helpers! ;)

Please read the FAQ pinned at the top of this forum, you'll learn a lot more.

You don't need a sound card for that motherboard, and if you'd like to purchase something you can look at a fiio product or the objective2 amp.

As for the headphones, check out the AD700x, 558's or DT990's.

hello,

After a very long time (never) of playing games without any headphones/headsets I have decided to buy one and I am interested that the headset/headphone will have the capability of giving the surround sound experience everyone has been talking about lately, and I have come to a conclusion that virtualized surround will do the job so I am thinking of getting the sennheiser pc 360 and a soundcard which will give me the virtual surround sound but I cant seem to know which will do it.

So I need help in choosing a soundcard and maybe another headset since I am still not sure about the pc 360.

My mother board model is : http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4145#ov

hello,

You don't need a sound card for that motherboard, and if you'd like to purchase something you can look at a fiio product or the objective2 amp.

I have read some of the FAQ and I still don't understand what does the amp do excatly..can you explain it to me in simple words or give me a link to somthing that explains it in a way that is easy to understand?

I have read some of the FAQ and I still don't understand what does the amp do excatly..can you explain it to me in simple words or give me a link to somthing that explains it in a way that is easy to understand?

An amp just amplifies the sound, it's nothing difficult.

If you want to read more, you can check out this article.

http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2012/04/what-we-hear.html

Long story short - You won't need anything virtual surround sound or anything like that crap, just purchase a nice pair of open headphones (like the ones I mentioned). If you want more, you can purchase an amp and or DAC to complete the kit.

An amp just amplifies the sound, it's nothing difficult.

If you want to read more, you can check out this article.

http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2012/04/what-we-hear.html

Long story short - You won't need anything virtual surround sound or anything like that crap, just purchase a nice pair of open headphones (like the ones I mentioned). If you want more, you can purchase an amp and or DAC to complete the kit.

Thank you very much you helped me alot!  :)

+1, Get a nice pair of headphones first, use your on-board for now and if you decide later on that you want a little something extra to power them get a FiiO E10 or O2 amp.

Does anyone here have or had the ATH-AD700X headphones and can tell me if they are comfortble and if they easily slide off of your head (like i have seen in one video review)?

Does anyone here have or had the ATH-AD700X headphones and can tell me if they are comfortble and if they easily slide off of your head (like i have seen in one video review)?

They are good if you have a medium-big head. If you have a small head, they will slide around easily, but not too bad.

They're my most recommended headphone so if you have a big sized head, I'd go for it.

They are good if you have a medium-big head. If you have a small head, they will slide around easily, but not too bad.

They're my most recommended headphone so if you have a big sized head, I'd go for it.

What if I don't know how big my head is? I don't know if my head is big/average/small. how do u massure it? cuz I really have no idea..

What if I don't know how big my head is? I don't know if my head is big/average/small. how do u massure it? cuz I really have no idea..

Lmao...what is your hat size?

Lmao...what is your hat size?

There are sizes to hats?! holy shit! I have no idea what is my hat size! well I learned something new today...:)

There are sizes to hats?! holy shit! I have no idea what is my hat size! well I learned something new today...:)

Yeah you'll have to find out what size you are, but if you are roughly 6 feet you'll have a big enough head.

Yeah you'll have to find out what size you are, but if you are roughly 6 feet you'll have a big enough head.

My height is 5.9 feet and I have just massured my head size especially for this and it is 60 centimeters which are 23.6 inches/ 1.96 feet . I this size is good for these headphones? ( I feel dumb :) )

I lol'd so much at the last couple of comments  :D

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.