"xeon 5460" does it perform good enough for budget gaming....and also suggest  a cheap and good motherboard for  oc.....can i use two different speed on it?

and im gonnaa buy this cpu on ebay..i have never used ebay so is it safe?

Welcome to the forums!

What is your budget for the computer? Do you need peripherals (including a monitor)?

Note that Xeons cannot be overclocked very much. If you want to OC, you need a Core i7 or i5

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

13 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Welcome to the forums!

What is your budget for the computer? Do you need peripherals (including a monitor)?

Note that Xeons cannot be overclocked very much. If you want to OC, you need a Core i7 or i5

this is a lie do not listen to him. ive done this LGA 771 to 775 mod before and those xeons get stupid high overclocks. i got my x5460 to 4.0Ghz and i get 60fps while playing battlefield 4 on ultra settings at 1080p a X5460 costs roughly $20 on ebay and the adapter costs $1. so for roughly for $21 to $23 you get i5 2500k proformance for a fraction of that price. very good value for money there. if you need help doing this mod go check out my topic on the LTT forum that i made. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

37 minutes ago, Anbu007 said:

"xeon 5460" does it perform good enough for budget gaming....and also suggest  a cheap and good motherboard for  oc.....can i use two different speed on it?

and im gonnaa buy this cpu on ebay..i have never used ebay so is it safe?

are you planning on buying a dual socket LGA 771 board? if you are then id recommend that you do the LGA 775 to 771 mod route instead. heres my thread on LTT when i did this mod. the mod was sucessful and that rig is now my spare rig. i bought my X5460 on ebay for $19 with free shipping. also when you overclock that Xeon you better know how OC using the old school FSB style overclock. if you want an easy OC then here are the setting you need to key in. 

Multiplier: 9.5

FSB Frequency: 400MHz (9.5x400= 3.8GHz or 3,800Mhz) 

RAM Frequency: 667MHz or 800MHz (if you want high Overclocks buy ram that is rated at 1066Mhz DDR2 since increasing FSB also raises RAM speeds as well)

NorthBridge Voltage: AUTO

SouthBridge Voltage: AUTO

Vcore: AUTO (though if you are confident about keying in CPU voltages then set it to around 1.28v)

Though these are my setting that i got working in my system your mileage may vary. DO NOT base all your setting on this reference. Use it only to get a general idea of how its done. I WILL NOT be taking responsibility for any damages done to your CPU or other components. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.    

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein