EK unveils full cover waterblocks for nVidia's GTX1080 Foundners Edition

source: https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-unveils-new-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-water-blocks/

EK Water Blocks, Slovenia based premium liquid cooling gear manufacturer, is proud to introduce full-cover liquid cooling solution for NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 series graphics cards, based on Pascal GP104 graphics processor.

EK-FC1080 GTX is a new Full-Cover water block, designed for NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Founders Edition graphics cards. The block comes in four different variations and each of them directly cools the GPU, RAM as well as VRM (voltage regulation module) as water flows directly over these critical areas, thus allowing the graphics card and its VRM to remain stable under high overclocks. Performance-wise all variants of the block are the same, the only difference being the overall aesthetics. Each EK-FC1080 GTX water block covers the entire PCB of the card and with the corresponding retention backplate, users get visually stunning GPU in their system.

Every EK-FC1080 GTX water block features a central inlet split-flow cooling engine design – just like with the flagship EK-Supremacy EVO CPU water block – for best possible cooling performance. Such type of heat exchanger also works flawlessly with the reversed water flow without adversely affecting the cooling performance. Moreover, this radical design offers great hydraulic performance, allowing this product to be used in liquid cooling systems using weaker water pumps.

pics:

Spoiler

EKFC1080-GTX_NP_green_1600-1030x687.jpgEKFC1080-GTX_CP_front_1600.jpgEKFC1080-GTX_CA_front_1600.jpg

Availability and pricing

EK-FC1080 GTX water blocks are made in Slovenia, Europe and will be available for purchase through EK Webshop and Partner Reseller Network on Friday, 27th of May, 2016. An aesthetic retention backplates, which also cool the memory IC on the backside of the circuit board, will also become available for separate purchase. In the table below you can find the MSRP with VAT included:

wMmD33k.png

---

paraphrasing @LinusTech: "these are for people with more money than common sense"

it was demonstrated that the GTX1080 reference design has a power limit imposed that will hinder overclocking - it's yet unknown how much the GP104-400 actually overclocks until AIB partners release custom boards with their own power delivery systems

You've really done it this time. 9_9

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 minute ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

You've really done it this time. 9_9

done what?! o.O

I had heard that the reference design would actually thermal throttle if it tried to run at the full boost clock for too long, so if that's true, I welcome these :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

done what?! o.O

This : 

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

2 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

This : 

if people don't use tags, how the hell am I to find the duplicates 

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

the search tool / going through the pages

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

I don't know about you, but I usually just quickly scan the first 2 or 3 pages of the news frontpage to see if it's been mentioned.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I don't know about you, but I usually just quickly scan the first 2 or 3 pages of the news frontpage to see if it's been mentioned.

I always use the tags search - people that post in this section should use them

4 minutes ago, zMeul said:

done what?! o.O

I even posted one before the one above, but I posted it in Graphics Cards to avoid the possibility of being verbally assaulted if it had been posted already. :ph34r: 

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -