New HDD broken??

K0stas

I bought a red 4TB WD hard drive and when I installed it in my PC the following things happened:

• I could hear clicking noises from the drive
  • My PC couldn't see the drive (I tried to format it using the computer management but the drive wasn't there)
  • When I tried to turn off my pc it wouldn't turn off

I tried the following things:

• Different sata ports and cables
  • Different power cables
  • removed one of my working HDDs and used the ports to connect the new hard drive

Finally I used an external hard drive usb dock and the hard drive appeared in computer management but I couldnt do anything. When I tried to initialize the disk using GPT I got the error "The specified disk is not convertible because the size is less than the minium size required for GPT disks" and when I tried the MBR "Incorrect function".

At this point I am pretty sure the hard drive is just broken but I wanted to be 100% sure before I send it back to the shop.

Can someone help me please?

1 minute ago, K0stas said:

I bought a red 4TB WD hard drive and when I installed it in my PC the following things happened:

• I could hear clicking noises from the drive
  • My PC couldn't see the drive (I tried to format it using the computer management but the drive wasn't there)
  • When I tried to turn off my pc it wouldn't turn off

I tried the following things:

• Different sata ports and cables
  • Different power cables
  • removed one of my working HDDs and used the ports to connect the new hard drive

Finally I used an external hard drive usb dock and the hard drive appeared in computer management but I couldnt do anything. When I tried to initialize the disk using GPT I got the error "The specified disk is not convertible because the size is less than the minium size required for GPT disks" and when I tried the MBR "Incorrect function".

At this point I am pretty sure the hard drive is just broken but I wanted to be 100% sure before I send it back to the shop.

Can someone help me please?

RMA it, simple

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

2 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

RMA it, simple

So it is broken.

Ok, I will return it, Thank you.

So it is broken.

Yep, definitely broken :( 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

So it is broken.

that is what i love about rma

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

The funny thing is that I bought the red to back up important files :/

I guess it's a good thing it was broken from the beginning... Imagine if it had broke after the

backup.... I wouldn't be laughing then....