How to exactly connect Swiftech H220 on ASUS Z87-PRO

Go to solution Solved by Popadookie,

Yes connect the pump directly to the CPU header. The rad fans to the splitter and the splitter to a cha header that way you will have independent control of of both the fans and the pump.

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the best way to connect my Swiftech H220 on my ASUS Z87-Pro.

post-1753-0-68821700-1380187400_thumb.jp

As you can see on the motherboard overview I have:

• 1x CPU_FAN
  • 1x CPU_OPT
  • 4x CPU_FAN

The Swiftech H220 comes with an 8WAY Splitter:

post-1753-0-08181300-1380187934.jpg

Swiftech recommends or says in their manual to connect both fans and the pump to the splitter which is connected to the CPU_Fan header.

But then Im unable to adjust the speed seperatly from the pump? because they are both on the same header?

A second option could be to connect the pump to the CPU_OPT and both fans with the splitter to the CPU_FAN, but then Im still unable to adjust the seperatly from the pump? becuase CPU_FAN and the CPU_OPT are connected to each other in the BIOS or in ASUS FAN XPERT2.

Is it possible to connect the pump to CPU_FAN or CPU_OPT (which one is meant for the pump?) and then connect both fans of the radiator on the splitter which I can connect to for example CHA_FAN3.

Edited by rvdeijk

Simply connect the 3 pin on the fan controller to the CPU fan header. (3 on the diagram)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I was too early with posting my topic, I edited it and now my question should be clear.

Yes connect the pump directly to the CPU header. The rad fans to the splitter and the splitter to a cha header that way you will have independent control of of both the fans and the pump.

Corsair 350D - ASUS Maximus V Gene - Intel 3770K @ 4.6Ghz - Corsair H100i - G-skill Trident X 2666Mhz 4x4Gb - 2 x EVGA GTX 680 Classified 4Gb @ 1250Mhz - Corsair 860i - 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 240GB (Raid 0)

Thanks for the quick answer! I don't understand why Swiftech don't mention this on their website... It makes more sense to do it the way I want it.

And the Pump should it be on CPU_FAN or CPU_OPT or does it not really matter?

If they are bound together in the bios then it doesn't matter however i would personally just go with the CPU_FAN so you don't have to replug if the fan speed doesn't read on the OPT

Corsair 350D - ASUS Maximus V Gene - Intel 3770K @ 4.6Ghz - Corsair H100i - G-skill Trident X 2666Mhz 4x4Gb - 2 x EVGA GTX 680 Classified 4Gb @ 1250Mhz - Corsair 860i - 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 240GB (Raid 0)

Thanks! yesterday I build my new rig :)

It works great, but I still have to install everything and play with ASUS Fan Xpert2.0, at the moment the two top fans (of the radiator) are making too much noise.

I will show my new rig in the right section on this forum, when I have all ready.