What desk would you recommend

So I am going to be upgrading my whole set up and have planned the majority of it already. The last bit I need to do is get a new desk to fit in with everything.

The new desk will need to fit 3x27" Asus PG279Q. They will be on a triple monitor stand to make it look a little neater. (Not sure what stand yet been looking at Ergotech Triple Desk Stand).

I was looking at the Ikea Linnmon desk but I have 2 issues with it. 1. It needed 1 leg in the centre of the desk reducing room under the desk. 2. It is known to 'sag' when using monitor stands.

I will attach a small Diagram of my room and where the desk will be going. 

• The left top corner is where the desk will be going, from the door to the top wall I have about 200-210cm clearance. then from the left wall to the bed there is about 150-160cm clearance.
  • I would like to have a set of drawers next to the bed and a set of drawers next to the door (Either end of the desk).
  • The 3 monitors will go on the left wall on the straight part of the desk.
  • The Colour needs to be black to fit in with my black and red Setup.

What Desk would you recommend for this setup? The only reason I have not made a secure choice on the Linnmon is because I am not sure if it will be strong enough and I don't really want a leg in the middle of the centre

12 minutes ago, MrDexter said:

<SNIP>

I personally recommend building your own desk. It's not that hard and it's honestly really cheap compared to what you can buy on the market.

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

1 minute ago, Bangflop said:

I personally recommend building your own desk. It's not that hard and it's honestly really cheap compared to what you can buy on the market.

I am watching Jayz video right now, Will check out Paul's one this well, Thank you for the reply I thinking building my own might be the better option.

You don't have to copy them step by step but yeah, that's what I would recommend :) 

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

16 minutes ago, MrDexter said:

So I am going to be upgrading my whole set up and have planned the majority of it already. The last bit I need to do is get a new desk to fit in with everything.

The new desk will need to fit 3x27" Asus PG279Q. They will be on a triple monitor stand to make it look a little neater. (Not sure what stand yet been looking at Ergotech Triple Desk Stand).

I was looking at the Ikea Linnmon desk but I have 2 issues with it. 1. It needed 1 leg in the centre of the desk reducing room under the desk. 2. It is known to 'sag' when using monitor stands.

I will attach a small Diagram of my room and where the desk will be going. 

• The left top corner is where the desk will be going, from the door to the top wall I have about 200-210cm clearance. then from the left wall to the bed there is about 150-160cm clearance.
  • I would like to have a set of drawers next to the bed and a set of drawers next to the door (Either end of the desk).
  • The 3 monitors will go on the left wall on the straight part of the desk.
  • The Colour needs to be black to fit in with my black and red Setup.

What Desk would you recommend for this setup? The only reason I have not made a secure choice on the Linnmon is because I am not sure if it will be strong enough and I don't really want a leg in the middle of the centre

you could get about 2 or 3 of these table tops and connect them together

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80251358/

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

2 minutes ago, Aaron_B said:

I bought a kitchen countertop from ikea for 40 euro's. It's should be able to hold the 3 monitors. 

The name of the product is;

SÄLJAN
Countertop, white

Ahh ok, nice they do them in Black this well so will check it out. Thank you

1 minute ago, MrDexter said:

Ahh ok, nice they do them in Black this well so will check it out. Thank you

The only 'obstacle' is that you have to drill holes for the desk legs.

And, do you want a straight desk or a curved one?

3 minutes ago, Aaron_B said:

The only 'obstacle' is that you have to drill holes for the desk legs.

And, do you want a straight desk or a curved one?

I'd prefer to have a straight one so will probably result in a table on a table. 

EDIT: So the desk would be like this (The Left and rear desk)

I also had trouble finding a desk that meet my needs. After looking for months I gave up and just built my own. I used galvanized steel pipes from the local hardware store for the lower structure, and wood for the table top that I later painted and sealed. I can provide pictures if you want.

Modified Raijintek Metis Mini-ITX Case Build:

Gigabyte Z170N-Wifi Motherboard  |  Intel i5-6600K 3.5 GHz CPU  |  16GB DDR4 2133MHz RAM  |  EVGA GTX 950 |  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD  | Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W  |  Noctua NH-D9L CPU Cooler  |  (3) Noctua NF-F12 Case Fans

Forgot to attach the diagram of room sorry.

bedroom.PNG

It is a shame they don't do an all black worktop, They have the black with mineral effect and the black and white but not a straight up black.

I think I might get for the black/white but the white won't match anything.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90290104/

Then get 2 Alex drawers (Black) and some table legs (4-6)

Should I put a table leg at the middle rear of each table?

i bought a kitchen worktop from IKEA and two cupboards of matching colour to sit it on top of, you can cut it to size, and costs buttons, about £60 all in.