Computer Repair Simulator! A neat idea from 2 two hobbyist

Hello!  We are developing a game with a cool idea! We want to create the first computer repair simulator. We would love to have some feedback or some ideas or both! The game is in a really early stage and we have so many ideas but we are not sure what the people would like to see from such a game. We also hope that i can be used as a learning tool. Somewhere around September to November we will release a playable scenario for testing .

Why don't you check it out here : http://computer-repair-simulator.com/

1 minute ago, MimisCRS said:

Sorry about it , i wasnt aware

its fine, it looks really cool I can see it being a thing 

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

its fine, it looks really cool I can see it being a thing 

We really hope so, both of us have a background in computers and server . I am student working in computer repair and my friend works at a networking company as an engineer   

I can see that being used in school.. its a great idea for learning without breaking anything :P

2 minutes ago, Darel321 said:

I can see that being used in school.. its a great idea for learning without breaking anything :P

Well we had an idea about making a gamemode (with physics) that you can break stuff... but it's going to be hard to make

2 minutes ago, MimisCRS said:

Well we had an idea about making a gamemode (with physics) that you can break stuff... but it's going to be hard to make

Soft-bodied components would be awesome :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

50 minutes ago, MimisCRS said:

damn xD... nahh.. that would just make the game silly.. because you know people... they would only try to break stuff then xD .... good luck with the game tho :D

3 minutes ago, Darel321 said:

damn xD... nahh.. that would just make the game silly.. because you know people... they would only try to break stuff then xD .... good luck with the game tho :D

Thank you! :)

5 hours ago, Darel321 said:

Well no, it would make the game more realistic. If people choose to destroy components in it then so be it.

It would be good it have some sort of damage on it to reflect real life

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.

3 hours ago, danhulud said:

Well no, it would make the game more realistic. If people choose to destroy components in it then so be it.

It would be good it have some sort of damage on it to reflect real life

AHAHAHAHA yeah , not a bad idea

9 hours ago, MimisCRS said:

Hello!  We are developing a game with a cool idea! We want to create the first computer repair simulator. We would love to have some feedback or some ideas or both! The game is in a really early stage and we have so many ideas but we are not sure what the people would like to see from such a game. We also hope that i can be used as a learning tool. Somewhere around September to November we will release a playable scenario for testing .

Why don't you check it out here : http://computer-repair-simulator.com/

Leaking water-cooling?

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

2 hours ago, UberGamerKing said:

Leaking water-cooling?

Good idea !

These are all great ideas and can be implemented.  The thought about being able to destroy computer equipment (a different game play mode) I think is a good learning mode where users can try to force parts into the system that are not compatible or will not physically fit.

The other idea is that if you are like me and repair computers and servers, there are times where you get frusterated, so I was considering adding "fun" things to the game like dumping water on equipment, smashing it with a hammer...but it is only a consideration after the main game mechanics are completed.

We are about to release an alpha test release which needs bug tested if anyone is interested.