Good Windows 10 Image Importer

So I need your help finding a good program that can import images from a camera / cellphone. I am disappointed with the way that the default Windows 10 image importer works and am having trouble finding a good alternative. Here is what I need it to do:

1. It will be importing from an android phone, camera, or SD card. 
  2. It must work on Windows 10.
  3. I need to be able to put the photos in one specified folder and videos in another specified folder.
  4. It needs to be able to sort photos by date in sub-folders in the previously specified location. Same for the videos.
  5. Optional: automatic naming of each photo/video as imported in a standardized way. 

Thank you in advance for your time. 

Windows 10 is now MSX! http://linustechtips...ndows-10/page-6 ....................

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

its called windows explorer, is it really that hard to copy an paste? (you could of done it by now)

... but I think there would be a much better way to do this. This would be something that I would use for years. It sure would save me a lot of time if there was an automated way to do it. 

In my mind this would be a fairly simple thing to program; I would think there would be something already out there that would be out there that could do this. Thoughts? 

Windows 10 is now MSX! http://linustechtips...ndows-10/page-6 ....................

Just now, cubli7 said:

... but I think there would be a much better way to do this. This would be something that I would use for years. It sure would save me a lot of time if there was an automated way to do it. 

In my mind this would be a fairly simple thing to program; I would think there would be something already out there that would be out there that could do this. Thoughts? 

yeah its called creating a shortcut on your desktop that will take you directly to the photos folder on each device when its plugged in.

2 minutes ago, cubli7 said:

Unfortunately I think he's right. You could MAKE a program like this, though I haven't the faintest idea what language would be the best

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

@HPWebcamAble @TrigrH

Ive done a lot of googling around for something that would do this for me. After looking one more time and hearing what you guys have said, I think I have given up. If no one else replies, I may have found a project for me to work on sometime this summer. 

Signed, 

- Hopefull

1 hour ago, cubli7 said:

@HPWebcamAble @TrigrH

Ive done a lot of googling around for something that would do this for me. After looking one more time and hearing what you guys have said, I think I have given up. If no one else replies, I may have found a project for me to work on sometime this summer. 

Signed, 

- Hopefull

I have present for you: PhotoMove 2.5 from mjbpix.com will cover the sorting and naming of your photos and videos by date/time.

I bought a license back when it was still in the 1.x version, and use it in conjunction with the Adobe LightRoom 6 import process.

Because I use Lightroom, I don't have a need for the import capability from a folder, but you can use it for that by selecting your mobile device.

Features Free Pro
Automatically move photos and videos to directories or folders based on each file's embedded exif date taken: y.png y.png
Handle any image format that contains Exif Date Created Information: y.png y.png
Find and move or copy RAW files. Canon, Nikon and others: y.png y.png
Sort photos and videos into a structured folder format by Year, Month and Date Taken: y.png y.png
Sort photos and videos into a folder format by Year, Month, Date Taken and Camera Model: y.png y.png
Six additional output folder structure formats: (Example) n.png y.png
Process video files. Sorts your video files and clips: y.png y.png
Choose which file types to move or copy: (Example) n.png y.png
Choose files to move or copy for specific camera model(s): (Example) n.png y.png
Optionally move or copy files without exif data to a user defined folder: n.png y.png
Optionally move or copy files without exif data to structured folders using the file date: New! (More Info) n.png y.png
Control how duplicate files are handled when found. Skip, Rename, Overwrite or Move to a separate folder:(Example) n.png y.png
Run PhotoMove from a batch file or the command line: (More Info) y.png y.png
Run on your Mac. Requires using Parallels or another Windows VM: New! (More Info) y.png y.png
Price: Free $8.99 US

PhotoMoveHowToUseStepByStep[1].jpg

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)