Stop Windows 10 upgrade

wackywobbler
Go to solution Solved by wackywobbler,
2 minutes ago, Fooshi said:

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

Works like a charm.

Thanks buddy ;)

"The name “Never 10” is a bit of an overstatement, since this utility may also be used to easily re-enable Windows operating system automatic upgrading. "

I had come across never 10 before but I thought by the name that it would never allow me to upgrade if I decided to at the last min for gaming DX 12 or something but it says it allows you so all good

I have disabled auto updates, unchecked windows 10 upgrade and every time I go back into updates there it is checked again!

and now it comes up that your upgrade will start in 15 mins and I don't remember scheduling it

Any quick easy way to just stop this and make it so that if I want to upgrade I'll click upgrade as the disable auto update and unchecking hasn't worked

I realize lots of people cancel this upgrade but is it normal for it to check itself again after being unchecked and having auto updates disabled?

F*ck microsoft

2 minutes ago, Fooshi said:

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

Works like a charm.

Thanks buddy ;)

"The name “Never 10” is a bit of an overstatement, since this utility may also be used to easily re-enable Windows operating system automatic upgrading. "

I had come across never 10 before but I thought by the name that it would never allow me to upgrade if I decided to at the last min for gaming DX 12 or something but it says it allows you so all good

Its because you need to HIDE the update, or you know, hit the "X" box on the alert and not click on "Later", which really means "Install Later", which many click by mistake, and their system installs it at some time where the computer is idle, based on your computer usage from the past.