I need help finding right GPU.

DaNumDee

I am a PC noobie, and this maybe an amateur statement but, all I want is a GPU that can run most games at high to max graphical settings at 1080p and 60fps, such as shadows, shading, anti-aliasing, ambient-occlusion and that fancy stuff.

Here are some games I want to play with said GPU:

• Tomb Raider
  • Overwatch
  • Darksouls
  • Metro
  • Bioshock

I've googled a bit, and some recommend a GTX 970, but I would really appreciate some feedback and recommendations if possible before I make any decisions.

Thank You!

Wait until June 10th and get a GTX 1070 if your looking for a card in the $350-$400 or foot the extra 200 or so and get a GTX 1080 to future proof yourself even further. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

GTX 1070 might not be as worth it and exciting as the GTX 970 was at launch, new specs appear to be disappointing unfortunately.

Regardless, wait until the new GPU's release as current ones will drop in price when it happens.

If Nvidia is going to fuck up with the 1070 like it looks like they're going to, AMD may be delivering the best option under $500 this time around.

The R9 390 is already better than the GTX 970, double the VRAM same performance same price, but it was quite late to the party.

If you're patient, you could wait and see just how the GTX 1070 turns out and what AMD's direct competitor to it will be.

If you need something now, I'd say the R9 390. But still, shortly after whatever you buy is going to lose value. Successors to them are on the horizon.