building a pc

Cblacks

Hello,  I  do want to build a game pc with a 1700 Euro budget. Im not that good at finding things so any suggestions ? 

Thanks

Sincerely Dennis

4 minutes ago, Cblacks said:

Hello,  I  do want to build a game pc with a 1700 Euro budget. Im not that good at finding things so any suggestions ? 

Thanks

Sincerely Dennis

Uh. do you really need a 1700 Euro Budget? Do you need a monitor/mouse/keyboard, what res do you plan on playing at, what graphical settings, and what games? Do you do anything else like video editing, streaming, etc?

6 minutes ago, Cblacks said:

Thanks

Sincerely Dennis

Just buy a prebuilt.

Can you wait for your gpu? The Gtx 1080 will be coming out soon and that would be the best to wait for.

I have an Anet A8 as my project printer and a i3 MK3 for when I want things to work. 

I extrude my own filament and haven't saved a penny yet.

My PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

Motherboard: MSI Z370-A Pro

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V (2x8GB) DDR4-3200

GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition (OC'd)

Storage: 2x 2TB Seagate 5400RPM, 128GB ADATA SSD

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750w  B2

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15. 3 Intake Fans, 2 Outtake

Case: Fractal Design Define R6

2 minutes ago, Manage My Cables said:

Just buy a prebuilt.

Why? 99% of the time it's gonna be overpriced.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

11 minutes ago, Cblacks said:

Thanks

Sincerely Dennis

If you dont really know anything about computers I would personally just buy a pre-made. If you are dead on and want to build a good computer for cheaper watch a bunch of how to videos and guides and learn on the saftey percautions before hand. When you come back then we will help you.

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

Why? 99% of the time it's gonna be overpriced.

Yes but for someone who doesn't know what there doing it's the easiest way. And most come with 24/7 tech support ect.

2 minutes ago, Manage My Cables said:

Yes but for someone who doesn't know what there doing it's the easiest way. And most come with 24/7 tech support ect.

PC building is not that hard - you know the analogy, 'it's just like building Lego as an adult'. Plenty of guides online as well.

Besides, isn't that the reason why OP asked here in the first place? For help?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, Manage My Cables said:

But.. Doesn't everyone not know what they're doing when they first start out? Like isn't that the point of this forum section anyways; to help people who don't know exactly what to do for parts. + prebuilts are mostly overpriced, and this person can get exactly what they want by adding edits to the parts we suggest.

Thank you for the fast response, I know how to build it but i cant get the parts together. I already have a keyboard and monitor + mouse. I only need the desktop. Im not realy up-to-date with the hardware thats why i'm asking you. I have see a premade Desktop but im afraid to pay over price. so i try to build one my self.

Sincerely Dennis

1 minute ago, Cblacks said:

Thank you for the fast response, I know how to build it but i cant get the parts together. I already have a keyboard and monitor + mouse. I only need the desktop. Im not realy up-to-date with the hardware thats why i'm asking you. I have see a premade Desktop but im afraid to pay over price. so i try to build one my self.

Sincerely Dennis

What games and resolution/graphical setting do  you plan to play on?

2 minutes ago, Cblacks said:

Sincerely Dennis

Whereabouts in Europe do you live? Any specific website or store I can look at to recommend parts?

Also, what are you planning on using this PC for?

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Wolther said:

What games and resolution/graphical setting do  you plan to play on?

Im playing games Like, H1z1, League of legends, and CSGO, I want to run it smooth and i hope its posible in this budget.

Sincerely Dennis

2 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Whereabouts in Europe do you live? Any specific website or store I can look at to recommend parts?

Also, what are you planning on using this PC for?

Im living in the netherlands ( Noord-Holland ), SOme website i've found is : 

http://www.computerstore.nl/category/211478/computer-onderdelen.html

https://www.alternate.nl

Maybe you can find cheaper Website :D

Sincerely Dennis

16 minutes ago, Cblacks said:

Sincerely Dennis

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/sr2sHx
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/sr2sHx/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£164.28 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£26.99 @ Novatech) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Pro4S ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£92.98 @ More Computers) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£27.26 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£69.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£40.96 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  (£269.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  (£52.50 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£74.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £819.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-18 00:00 BST+0100

Your price point was really high, this'll allow you to play those games really well + all modern games decently. You may edit it as you like, with OS, wireless adapter, etc

1 minute ago, Wolther said:

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/tn3YP6
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/tn3YP6/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£164.28 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£26.99 @ Novatech) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Pro4S ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£92.98 @ More Computers) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£27.26 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£69.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£40.96 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  (£269.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  (£52.50 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply 
Total: £744.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-17 23:57 BST+0100

Your price point was really high, this'll allow you to play those games really well + all modern games decently. You may edit it as you like, with OS, wireless adapter, etc

Thank you for Looking in to it, I dont mind if its over powered. I just want a good pc for in the feature to if i find a new game to play.

So what's the best thing to upgrade ? Video card or processor or ram for games ? :D

Sincerely Dennis

7 minutes ago, Cblacks said:

Thank you for Looking in to it, I dont mind if its over powered. I just want a good pc for in the feature to if i find a new game to play.

So what's the best thing to upgrade ? Video card or processor or ram for games ? :D

Sincerely Dennis

Well.. Storage if you want more than 1tb hdd + 250 gb ssd 

Video Card if you want 2k or 4k. 

Processor doesn't need to be upgraded

Ram, could go into 16gb if you wish. 

You can also wait for Nvidia's new 1080/1070 GPUs to come out 

Also, your Case can be completely personal, just look at pictures and see whatever you like the best, I wasn't sure what was your taste so I got one with good reviews

Edit: Honestly, the higher the price point, usually the performance per dollar goes down, so if you want good deals then I'd stay in that tier of video cards, but if you don't care (seeing your budget) then you can go all out :P 

38 minutes ago, Cblacks said:

Sincerely Dennis

I used the computerstore website above and compiled this list using their prices.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€259.00) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  (€99.00) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€162.99) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (€89.99) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€99.95) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€59.99) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  (€699.00) 
Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Black ATX Mid Tower Case  (€99.95) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€114.99) 
Total: €1684.86
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-18 01:22 CEST+0200

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

I used the computerstore website above and compiled this list using their prices.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€259.00) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  (€99.00) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€162.99) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (€89.99) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€99.95) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€59.99) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  (€699.00) 
Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Black ATX Mid Tower Case  (€99.95) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€114.99) 
Total: €1684.86
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-18 01:22 CEST+0200

Thank you, I will look in to it. May can i ask why you both choose a i5 instead of i7 ? well i7 Just sounds better but is it ?

Sincerely Dennis

21 minutes ago, Cblacks said:

Thank you, I will look in to it. May can i ask why you both choose a i5 instead of i7 ? well i7 Just sounds better but is it ?

Sincerely Dennis

The i7 is worth it if you are doing other things besides gaming, such as video editing/rendering or streaming on twitch etc.

Also I would suggest waiting for the GTX 1070/GTX 1080. 

1 hour ago, Cblacks said:

Sincerely Dennis

The i7 has hyperthreading, which is only really be beneficial for multithreaded tasks such as rendering, streaming and video editing. So for solely gaming, the i5 is a better value buy and you could invest into a better GPU (which mostly determines how well your game runs).

I also forgot to mention that you should just replace that GTX 980Ti with a GTX 1080 instead.

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, Cblacks said:

Hello,  I tried to build one my self And this is the result : 

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/zGJKJx

( May can someone check if the Titanx is availeble for this pc ? ) 

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/438458/asus-geforce-gtx-titan-x.html

Sincerely Dennis

titan x is available. wait for 1080s to become purchasable, which is very soon. 1080s are going to be the Newest gpus 

49 minutes ago, Cblacks said:

Hello,  I tried to build one my self And this is the result : 

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/zGJKJx

( May can someone check if the Titanx is availeble for this pc ? ) 

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/438458/asus-geforce-gtx-titan-x.html

Sincerely Dennis

Why would you want a Titan X ? The GTX 1080 will be a better buy.

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

Why would you want a Titan X ? The GTX 1080 will be a better buy.

Like i said before im not realy uptodate with the newest hardware. I will wait for the GTX 1080 And might buy it after some reviews.  Thank you for everything.

Sincerely Dennis