Headsets?

wjm22400

So Im going to start streaming games on YouTube and I was wondering what would be good for it? Preferably doesn't break the bank.

Some nice headphones and a desk mic. Budget?

I used to be quite active here.

9 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Some nice headphones and a desk mic. Budget?

I want to say around 150 but that's not set

You're probably set for some higher end stuff. If you do recording a headset isn't ideal as it's harder to adjust and costs more for less quality.

CPU i5 4670k
 Motherboard MSI Z87 MPOWER 
RAM DDR3, 16GB

GPU XFX R9 390x

Case Raidmax Vampire (Soon to be MasterCase Pro 5)

Storage WD10EZEX-00KUWA0

PSU EVGA 220-G2-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W

Display(s) LG 29UM67 (Ultrawide 29in)

Keyboard HAVIT HV-KB380L

Mouse Redragon Perdition

Sound Extremely old, deliciously sexy Harman Kardons

Operating System W10, VMs of El Capitan, W7, WXP, and Unix

3 minutes ago, Cralineleader said:

You're probably set for some higher end stuff. If you do recording a headset isn't ideal as it's harder to adjust and costs more for less quality.

I get that but this is just for the start while I save.

Just now, wjm22400 said:

I get that but this is just for the start while I save.

If you want something to tide you over for a couple years, I love Sades headsets. They have some great quality and they don't cost you an arm and a leg. My first one was this one, and as long as you take care of the cable (doing gentle hanging to remove coils) it'll last you a long time.

http://www.amazon.com/Gaming-Headphone-Headset-Microphone-Computer/dp/B016EL65F2/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1463519761&sr=8-12&keywords=sades

CPU i5 4670k
 Motherboard MSI Z87 MPOWER 
RAM DDR3, 16GB

GPU XFX R9 390x

Case Raidmax Vampire (Soon to be MasterCase Pro 5)

Storage WD10EZEX-00KUWA0

PSU EVGA 220-G2-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W

Display(s) LG 29UM67 (Ultrawide 29in)

Keyboard HAVIT HV-KB380L

Mouse Redragon Perdition

Sound Extremely old, deliciously sexy Harman Kardons

Operating System W10, VMs of El Capitan, W7, WXP, and Unix

2 hours ago, wjm22400 said:

So Im going to start streaming games on YouTube and I was wondering what would be good for it? Preferably doesn't break the bank.

Are you going to be doing it for fun or to build following and do streaming for revenue?

If you do it for fun, your budget is fine and you can ignore the rest of the comment.

If you want to go more seriously, the market of youtuber/streamer is beyond super saturated, so you'll probably suffer if you don't put out content with above average audio/video. It's the first thing that makes people stay on your stream, or leave to find someone who has better, and will rarely return to check back if you've upgraded. Usually better equipment pays itself off much faster (given your stream is engaging and interesting), and nowadays it's not really that bank-breaking. Good microphone and headphones (and good webcam maybe?) will run you below or around 300ish, depending on where you live. Initial investment will allow you to focus on developing your stream and saving for PC/channel upgrades, instead of looking to upgrade your already new setup.   

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

If you want a headset, then I recommend the Razer Kraken 7.1. that's what I use and they work pretty good. Just be careful when putting them down, retract the mic before you put them down my mic broke because of that.

1 hour ago, GamerGuyEbby said:

If you want a headset, then I recommend the Razer Kraken 7.1. that's what I use and they work pretty good. Just be careful when putting them down, retract the mic before you put them down my mic broke because of that.

Literally every Razer topic you open on this forum will have comments about how bad their audio peripherals are. Razer headsets are abominably poor in build quality, performance is mediocre at best, and "key" features are RGB leds you won't even see,and virtual surround sound that is more of a trade-off. I won't even begin on Razer Synapse, that's a whole different mess I've shared in another topic. The price range they're settled in is more than the OP's overall budget and he won't get nearly as good performance as other suggestions.    

7 hours ago, Violeta said:

Literally every Razer topic you open on this forum will have comments about how bad their audio peripherals are. Razer headsets are abominably poor in build quality, performance is mediocre at best, and "key" features are RGB leds you won't even see,and virtual surround sound that is more of a trade-off. I won't even begin on Razer Synapse, that's a whole different mess I've shared in another topic. The price range they're settled in is more than the OP's overall budget and he won't get nearly as good performance as other suggestions.    

K well I like them you don't have to be a dick about it.