Melancholy of PNY and Leadtek gtx 780s

brownninja97

On the 20th of September Leadtek(nearly the best company you have never heard of) unleashed a varient of the gtx 780.

WFGTX780-3GV2_1024x650b-850x544.jpg

Its all fine a dandy and now your ownding why i started this thread. Heres a link to an article of this card

http://videocardz.com/45646/leadtek-joins-high-end-gtx-780-club-winfast-gtx-780-o-c-triple-fan

With  that over it gets interesting as PNY unleashed another gtx 780.(my bad they arent the same the PNY is overclocked*dramatic music*)

PNY_GeForce_GTX_780_XLR8_OC_01.jpg

Do you guys wanna play spot the difference, im fine with a cooler being copied and im curious as to who made the cooler but at least change a bit more to mask the copy.

http://videocardz.com/45855/pny-introduces-geforce-gtx-770-oc-gtx-780-oc

Do you guys have any opinion on this?

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Could be just that they are the same company. Just like KFA2 (Europe) and Galaxy (USA) are the same company. My guess is PNY is European and Leadtek is US or Asian, as I have never heard of Leadtek but see PNY all the time.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Could be just that they are the same company. Just like KFA2 (Europe) and Galaxy (USA) are the same company. My guess is PNY is European and Leadtek is US or Asian, as I have never heard of Leadtek but see PNY all the time.

Maybe so but ive seen quite a lot of leadtek cards around in the UK, hell i put a gt 640 in a editing rig for some guy last week.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Maybe so but ive seen quite a lot of leadtek cards around in the UK, hell i put a gt 640 in a editing rig for some guy last week.

Well Leadtek does sound familiar, as if I remember hearing the name a couple of years ago. So it might be a recent thing?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Its more likely a case where a 3rd party company is selling them the cooler and no one is bothering to change anything

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Leadtek should be available in Europe, or was because I have a leadtek geforce 2 Pro. Maybe it is how Ethnod said. Or it is a recent thing

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

the real question is which is cheaper

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled