Nasty bit of malware I'm hoping to rid myself of

Splorfus

Howdy, so through a series of careless security decisions, I have contracted an awful bit of malware. So, I can't see my desktop, though I can summon task manager and navigate my files from there, but whenever I try to run a program like malwarebytes or something of the sort, it is forcefully exited. Also, there is strange ad audio not originating from outside of any of my programs. Any help would be appreciated.

Try booting into safe mode and running anti virus. If that doesn't work then you may need to make a bootable usb antivirus and boot into that instead. If that doesn't work then you may need to boot into a linux live USB, copy any needed files and then wipe and reload.

16 minutes ago, Splorfus said:

Howdy, so through a series of careless security decisions, I have contracted an awful bit of malware. So, I can't see my desktop, though I can summon task manager and navigate my files from there, but whenever I try to run a program like malwarebytes or something of the sort, it is forcefully exited. Also, there is strange ad audio not originating from outside of any of my programs. Any help would be appreciated.

If u have other pc/laptop or simply ask friends to download either Dr.web or kAspersky rescue disk or  any other av who have scan on demand feature.. Then coppy it to usb flash memory.> then plug in that flash memory to your pc and run scanning. Virus/malware will not be able to to terminate this process.  

Also some antivirus have bootable scanning. Thats mean it start scan system before OS fully boot up. :)

Or as oliverjrose99 suggest. Boot up in safe mode. And try remove virus manually. 

Getting old is wonderful, when you consider the alternative.