Wanting to include an ssd into my system.

BunnyHunter67
Go to solution Solved by Naeaes,

Mushkin isn't bad as an overall brand but they're a small-timer when it comes to SSDs. What you want is Samsung 850 EVO.

I am wanting to get an ssd just to have my operating system and maybe a few games installed on it as well. I have a budget of around 60 to 80 bucks. I have found this ssd but I have no clue if it is a reliable brand or if it is worth it speed wise. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226791&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Solid+State+Disk-_-N82E16820226791&gclid=CjwKEAjwjca5BRCAyaPGi6_h8m8SJADryPLhGCaUsn02LzY7yPsvBAi-z6w_ioQebejeRTQFxl16NBoCVtbw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds 

Thanks for the help and if you know of a better quality ssd with the same capacity for around the same price let me know! :D

Check out the trion 150 ssd's they're pretty much 850 evo performance for the same price as the one you listed

That Mushkin has good Sequential and 4k speeds as well as a long life rating via specs.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

7 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

Mushkin isn't bad as an overall brand but they're a small-timer when it comes to SSDs. What you want is Samsung 850 EVO.

im guessing Samsung is the safest bet out of all of these?

2 minutes ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

im guessing Samsung is the safest bet out of all of these?

Pretty much, yeah. Kingston HyperX and some other Intel-based SSDs do come close but Sansung usually has better prices. 850 Pro beats the 850 Evo in both, reliability and speed but they're a bit on the expensive side too. It's not worth it if you're running a basic home computer. However, if you do have use for the HW encrytion, it might be your thing. 

3 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

I think any ssd is a big upgrade from what I have now so I will stick with the EVO. :D