Pascal VS Polaris

Xsilent(X)

Pascal VS Polaris   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will have more horsepower?

• Polaris
    • Pascal

Who do you think will be more powerful?

Please no fanboy comments.

hqdefault.jpg

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Obvious answer Pascal, why? AMD is aiming for lower price points with Polaris, attempting to get great price per performance and price per wattage. Vega should be the high end architecture for AMD, coming early 2017.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

We already have topics on this.

Polaris 11 will be targeting the mobile market. Polaris 10 @800mhz is as powerful as a 390x, so it's capabilities depend on where it clocks to.

The 1080 and 1070 at the moment are all hype. Wait for the benchmarks.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I think AMD announces that their aim for Polaris is to bring VR to the masses, so it will be more 'affordable'.

No doubt Pascal is faster, but does it offer better performance per dollar.

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

You can't say, no matter what anyone says you have no idea what company will pull what out of their ass.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

ill wait untill the benchmarks before i decide which is better.

12 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Obvious answer Pascal, why? AMD is aiming for lower price points with Polaris, attempting to get great price per performance and price per wattage. Vega should be the high end architecture for AMD, coming early 2017.

watch AMD just say that then they come out this card that can run 7 4k monitors and play crysis 3 at ultra on all of them, and then watch evey Nvidia fanboy shit their pants xD 

but for real right now we dont know, youll have to wait till they release more info on polaris

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

watch AMD just say that then they come out this card that can run 7 4k monitors and play crysis 3 at ultra on all of them, and then watch evey Nvidia fanboy shit their pants xD 

At $200 with a tb of vram.

Downside is it runs so hot it comes in another case and runs to the board with a cable.

200_s.gif

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

No Kabylake iGPU? 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Rumored die sizes are ~333 mm² for GP104 vs ~232 mm² for polaris 10. Polaris is on 14 nm vs pascal's 16 nm, so a full polaris 10 might be close to a 1070, if if clocks as high, so unless they come out with something like an interposer to glue 2 cores together, pascal will likely remain the highest end card. However, personnally, even the 1070 is above what I'm willing to pay for a gpu, so it's perfect for me.

But I have a feeling that 14 nm is more of a lower power/lower clock process than 16 nm is, I hope I'm wrong.