Needing a new keyboard, don't know where to start

Hi guys! Been a while since I've used the forums here.

I've been looking for a new keyboard as mine feels to be wearing down quite a bit. I'm using an old Dell SK-8110 (which uses a PS-2 connection), and I like its form factor and somewhat of the way the keys feel.

SK-8110: http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Keyboard-Model-SK-8110-Interface/dp/B00366HMMO

Honestly, I'm just looking for a similar keyboard to the SK-8110, but with some additional features:

- N-Key rollover / 10-key rollover, etc. (or whatever it was that allowed you to press as much keys as you want and it would register); I've been pressing keys at the same time to the point they won't register at times

- Similar layout / feel as the SK-8110 (none of those weird slim portable keyboards) - maybe a bit more tactile / faster press? I find mine to be heavy to press down on.

- Preferable for usable for MMO, MOBA, programming, typing, media editing

- Ships to Canada

- Don't really care too much if it is 10-keyless or not, neither do I care for LEDs or whatnot 

- USB connection. They're all probably USB now though lol

Sorry for being kind of oddly described, kind of hard for me to explain. That's probably why I need help haha. Thanks!

Edit: Someone asked for budget - I don't really mind price as long as it fits my preferences, though the cheaper the better. Looking at the average prices of keyboards, it looks like mid $150 CAD? Still pretty flexible with price.

Duckys, corsair, pretty much any mechanical keyboard with high quality switches. For example Cherry MX.

Do you want a mechanical keyboard or membrane?

1 minute ago, MadG4mer said:

Duckys, corsair, pretty much any mechanical keyboard with high quality switches. For example Cherry MX.

Cool. I know for a fact that there's multiple types of switches, not sure which to look for.

2 minutes ago, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

Do you want a mechanical keyboard or membrane?

To be honest, not sure.

I want something that is lighter to press yet feels tactile.

I don't really like those clicky keyboards (ie. some Razer keys)

What type is my old keyboard? xD

5 minutes ago, EntosBox said:

- N-Key rollover / 10-key rollover, etc. (or whatever it was that allowed you to press as much keys as you want and it would register); I've been pressing keys at the same time to the point they won't register at times

N key rollover is a gimmick, your old keyboard was simply old that's why it didn't register. There are no realistic scenarios where you need more than 8 keys pressed at the same time.

Also there are some advantages to PS/2 in that it uses interrupts. 

Anyhow do you need lighting? Have any budget? 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

N key rollover is a gimmick, your old keyboard was simply old that's why it didn't register. There are no realistic scenarios where you need more than 8 keys pressed at the same time.

Also there are some advantages to PS/2 in that it uses interrupts. 

Anyhow do you need lighting? Have any budget? 

Interrupts? >.>

I don't really care for lighting, I use a lamp lol

I also don't have too much of a budget, but the cheaper the better. That being said, looking at the prices of keyboards, I can probably go up to mid $100s. Still pretty flexible with price though.

2 minutes ago, EntosBox said:

To be honest, not sure.

I want something that is lighter to press yet feels tactile.

I don't really like those clicky keyboards (ie. some Razer keys)

What type is my old keyboard? xD

The cm storm quickfire tk with mx browns is great, I got it for only 85 euros and it has backlight

2 minutes ago, FreakyNinjaNL said:

The cm storm quickfire tk with mx browns is great, I got it for only 85 euros and it has backlight

Looks dope, I'll consider it, thanks :) 

2 minutes ago, EntosBox said:

Interrupts? >.>

I don't really care for lighting, I use a lamp lol

I also don't have too much of a budget, but the cheaper the better. That being said, looking at the prices of keyboards, I can probably go up to mid $100s. Still pretty flexible with price though.

It interrupts the CPU, it's kinda hard to explain.

Anyhow for the recommendations:

1- For something minimalist and affordable: Logitech G710+, Cooler Master Quickfire and all the Ducky keyboards.

2- For something with great lighting: K70/K65 RGB

3- For something in between: K70 non RGB.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

3 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

It interrupts the CPU, it's kinda hard to explain.

Anyhow for the recommendations:

1- For something minimalist and affordable: Logitech G710+, Cooler Master Quickfire and all the Ducky keyboards.

2- For something with great lighting: K70/K65 RGB

3- For something in between: K70 non RGB.

Ah I see.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll take those to account :3 .

The Corsair keyboards look pretty astonishing lol

17 hours ago, EntosBox said:

Ah I see.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll take those to account :3 .

The Corsair keyboards look pretty astonishing lol

The brushed metal finish looks awesome, but note that it is hard to keep clean.

I have the Corsair K70 RBG. The lights is very much a gimmick, but a sexy one at that. Extremely comfortable to game or type on. Solid construction and very easy to clean. I'd say go for it. I have cherry MX red. Its not too clicky, but perhaps the brown would be better for you. I can't remember the differences in the keys, but there should be a as fast as possible on it. To clean it I just use a can of air, without taking off any buttons as it serves good for dust, however for some more sticky dirty on it you will have to take off the keys possibly, but its still a joy to clean :)

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

Case Rosewill THOR V2-W White Edition I CPU  AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5 GHz I MOBO ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 I RAM G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 l PSU RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 I COOLING DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 CPU Cooler I Storage WD Green WD10EZRX 1TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" l GPU GIGABYTE Radeon R7 250X 2GB   I KB Logitech G11 / K70 RGB I Mouse Logitech G502