English Homework Help

ShayMaster [PC Noob]

Hey all, I have some homework that I need to finish by Monday. Any help would be appreciated. It's an extract from bleak house by Charles Dickens. I need to analyse it, it must include Contextual Links and a deep analysis...image.jpeg

Ok, so you've selected a few points from the text that you can use in your analysis. My advice would be to use the PEE chain, Point, example, explain. This is how I was taught to do this when I was at school.

e.g:

The writer in the second paragraph is trying to paint the location in a dismal light. This is clear in the use of the word "fog" as the word sharply breaks up the text, constantly reminding the reader that the location is an undesirable place, one enclosed in a fog of mystery. The writer also paints this picture by surrounding the subjects in this fog; the apprentice, the captain and the pensioners suggests that the writer is trying to make the location seem as enigmatic as possible.

Furthermore, the writer's use of the word "nether" suggests a hellish reality of the scene. It cuts through the mystery that the paragraph built up and leads the reader into believing that the word 'fog' was merely a metaphor for the atmosphere, one of death and destruction or of peril lurking around the corner.

I haven't done English in about 7 years but I reckon that a page and a bit of that or something not too dissimilar and your teacher will be happy.

12 hours ago, Mug said:

Ok, so you've selected a few points from the text that you can use in your analysis. My advice would be to use the PEE chain, Point, example, explain. This is how I was taught to do this when I was at school.

e.g:

The writer in the second paragraph is trying to paint the location in a dismal light. This is clear in the use of the word "fog" as the word sharply breaks up the text, constantly reminding the reader that the location is an undesirable place, one enclosed in a fog of mystery. The writer also paints this picture by surrounding the subjects in this fog; the apprentice, the captain and the pensioners suggests that the writer is trying to make the location seem as enigmatic as possible.

Furthermore, the writer's use of the word "nether" suggests a hellish reality of the scene. It cuts through the mystery that the paragraph built up and leads the reader into believing that the word 'fog' was merely a metaphor for the atmosphere, one of death and destruction or of peril lurking around the corner.

I haven't done English in about 7 years but I reckon that a page and a bit of that or something not too dissimilar and your teacher will be happy.

You my friend are a FUCKING boss! Thanks ever so much!