Windows 7 running off of Dynamic Disc?

Go to solution Solved by NumLock21,
1 minute ago, frostyck said:

Ok,

So my windows 7 system (work laptop) will continue to function normally?

Because this is what im hearing all over the internet. People report that windows 7 will "immediately" fail.

Yes it will continue to function as normal. but it will be a hassle in the long run, like laptop no longer works and you need that data that's on the drive.

Hi everyone.

So i have accidently changed my disc to dynamic.... which apparently windows 7 cannot run.... but yet here i am typing this out on the machine,

So what is the deal?

Windows 7 is running off of a dynamic disc, but if i turn it off, whats gonna happen?

Dynamic disk is when you're going to setup software raid. Dynamic disk cannot be converted back to basic unless you redo the entire partition and loose all your data. The other thing with dynamic disk is you cannot take it to another system and read from it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, NumLock21 said:

Dynamic disk is when you're going to setup software raid. Dynamic disk cannot be converted back to basic unless you redo the entire partition and loose all your data. The other thing with dynamic disk is you cannot take it to another system and read from it.

Ok,

Because this is what im hearing all over the internet. People report that windows 7 will "immediately" fail.

1 minute ago, frostyck said:

Ok,

Yes it will continue to function as normal. but it will be a hassle in the long run, like laptop no longer works and you need that data that's on the drive.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

Thank you sir!

You cleared that up!

Lol there are so many people saying that it would crash immediately....

Ha i have no idea

Anyway thank you