Is this a good OC

I have overclocked my cpu to 4.5 ghz

with 1.35 volts 

at 90 degrees celcius

it is very stable

the cpu input voltage is 1.9 volts

<THE SILENT ASSASSIN>CPU(Intel i5-4690K)||COOLER(corsair H100i)||MOB(asus Maximus VII Hero ATX)||RAM(16gb of corsair vengeance)||STORAGE(Intel 530 128gb)(Samsung 850 Pro 500gb)(WD 2tb Black)||GRAPHICS(2 x Asus strix 970)||CASE(Nzxt H440)||PSU(Corsair RM750W)>http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Bbpbt6

4 minutes ago, TarPitGaming said:

with 1.35 volts 

at 90 degrees celcius

it is very stable

what's your CPU?

90 degrees Celsius is REALLY hot

Red (Soon to be Retired)CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: CM 212 Evo  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz Mobo: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 SSD: Kingston 128 GB (Boot), Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB (Main Games) HDD: WD Black 1 TB (Storage + Older Games) PSU: EVGA W1 500W Monitor: Dell ST2220l 21.5". Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard, Razer Deathadder Mouse, SteelSeries mosepad, 

3 minutes ago, TarPitGaming said:

with 1.35 volts 

at 90 degrees celcius

it is very stable

It's fine. I'd normally expect to get a little bit higher, but the 4690k is an odd product where the best chips definitely went to the 4790k and overclocking in general suffered as a result.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

4 minutes ago, TarPitGaming said:

with 1.35 volts 

at 90 degrees celcius

it is very stable

That's a crap OC. 1.35v with 90C is clearly wrong.

Bump it down to 1.3v. If you peak at around 83 or lower, then you are good; retest stability. Otherwise, reduce voltage even further.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Doing a full 1 GHz OC, is INSANE for someone who doesn't know what they're exactly doing. There's no need to risk thermal throttling your CPU just so you can get that performance boost, 4.0 GHz should be fine.

(If you do know what you are doing, then excuse me, the presentation seemed like you didn't know. Also, if you are doing something like Folding@home, or plan on doing lots of experiments with it, then you do you, and have fun.)

2 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

That's really bad. What CPU and what cooler?

thing is in sig

5 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

Bump it down to 1.3v. If you peak at around 83 or lower, then you are good; retest stability. Otherwise, reduce voltage even further.

k ill do

2 minutes ago, Immrspy said:

Doing a full 1 GHz OC, is INSANE for someone who doesn't know what they're exactly doing. There's no need to risk thermal throttling your CPU just so you can get that performance boost, 4.0 GHz should be fine.

(If you do know what you are doing, then excuse me, the presentation seemed like you didn't know. Also, if you are doing something like Folding@home, or plan on doing lots of experiments with it, then you do you, and have fun.)

im experimenting

<THE SILENT ASSASSIN>CPU(Intel i5-4690K)||COOLER(corsair H100i)||MOB(asus Maximus VII Hero ATX)||RAM(16gb of corsair vengeance)||STORAGE(Intel 530 128gb)(Samsung 850 Pro 500gb)(WD 2tb Black)||GRAPHICS(2 x Asus strix 970)||CASE(Nzxt H440)||PSU(Corsair RM750W)>http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Bbpbt6

You shouldn't need anywhere near that amount of voltage. Try 1.2.

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

thx for the info brb ill reset my computer

13 minutes ago, TarPitGaming said:

with 1.35 volts 

at 90 degrees celcius

it is very stable

You've got room to up the VCCIN by .05 or so, which might let you bring your vCore down a hair.

How did you get to that vCore? Was it gradual stepping up during testing, or did you just peg it to 1.35v and 4.5GHz? Either way, your temp is too high imo, should come down to a synthetic peak of 85 (which will give you normal load temps in the 60s/low 70s C). 1.35v does seem high for that clock speed.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

8 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

15 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

You've got room to up the VCCIN by .05 or so, which might let you bring your vCore down a hair.

How did you get to that vCore? Was it gradual stepping up during testing, or did you just peg it to 1.35v and 4.5GHz? Either way, your temp is too high imo, should come down to a synthetic peak of 85 (which will give you normal load temps in the 60s/low 70s C). 1.35v does seem high for that clock speed.

crashed on 1.25 v put it up to 1.3 v

temps are now hovering at 79

Just now, TarPitGaming said:

Try 1.28.

ASU

Try 1.28.

Or just turn down the clock. My 4670k is rock solid at 4.4 and 1.25V. However, if I try to run it at 4.5, it's not stable at even 1.3.

ASU

Or just turn down the clock. My 4670k is rock solid at 4.4 and 1.25V. However, if I try to run it at 4.5, it's not stable at even 1.3.

mine is stable at 1.3 at 80

Look I'm sorry here but like everyone who said it is crap is dead wrong.

Temps are on the high side for that voltage which merely indicates he is using slower fans or something else. The cooler can clearly handle it.

1.35V for 45 is neither bad nor good for a 4690k (which has a known high degree of variance compared to the 4790k which is pretty dead nuts for high clocks).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

mine is stable at 1.3 at 80

That's really hot. Especially for a 240mm cooler. Turn down your clock.

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

That's really hot. Especially for a 240mm cooler. Turn down your clock.

my fans are running at half speed

3 minutes ago, TarPitGaming said:

temps are now hovering at 79

Try shorter steps. I go 0.025 between increments. 1.3v is the absolute max you want to run a Haswell at. It seems like yours can handle 4.5GHz, at least in short bursts, but I wouldn't push the chip any higher regardless of your temps.

Translation: if your chip is unstable at 4.5GHz and 1.3v and you're already at 80C, I'd dial down the clock rather than trying to dump in more voltage and damaging your chip over time.

Dude, just give it up. Turn down your clock because those temperatures are not healthy. Remember that buying a CPU is entering the lottery, looks like you didn't fair so well. You'll just have to settle for a lower clock unless you want to murder the chip.

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

Dude, just give it up. Turn down your clock because those temperatures are not healthy. Remember that buying a CPU is entering the lottery, looks like you didn't fair so well. You'll just have to settle for a lower clock unless you want to murder the chip.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Try shorter steps. I go 0.025 between increments. 1.3v is the absolute max you want to run a Haswell at. It seems like yours can handle 4.5GHz, at least in short bursts, but I wouldn't push the chip any higher regardless of your temps.

Translation: if your chip is unstable at 4.5GHz and 1.3v and you're already at 80C, I'd dial down the clock rather than trying to dump in more voltage and damaging your chip over time.

k to what clock

and voltage

2 minutes ago, TarPitGaming said:

Wait, what? Dude, turn your fans up. Fans running full blast, assuming they're placed in a logical way, have bought me 3-4C in the past. 76C is a lot better than 80C under load.

Wait, what? Dude, turn your fans up. Fans running full blast, assuming they're placed in a logical way, have bought me 3-4C in the past. 76C is a lot better than 80C under load.

Assuming he's running stock fans, his computer will be really loud at full speed on the h100i.

ASU

too noisy tell me the clock and recomended voltage

is 4.3 at 1.2 ok

1 minute ago, TarPitGaming said:

k to what clock

and voltage

I'd leave the CPU at 4.5 for now, unless it's crashed on you at 1.3v. If it has, dial back to 4.4GHz and see what happens at 1.3v.

If it hasn't crashed on you at 4.5GHz, try dialing your vCore back to 1.275 and your VCCIN to 1.95. Help get that voltage going to the right places.

too noisy tell me the clock and recomended voltage

is 4.3 at 1.2 ok

Try stepping it down to 4.4 first.

ASU