Logitech Gaming Peripheral Software Stopped Working

adams215

I have a Logitech keyboard and mouse who's macro keys/buttons I heavily rely on day to day, and after restarting my computer they have all of a sudden stopped working along with the Logitech Gaming software that is used to configure both of those peripherals. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software and I am getting a message saying the software is not compatible on my OS (Win 10 pro). This is made me scratch my head since I've been using this software and the peripherals on this PC on this OS for a while now with no issue. I have tried downloading older versions and I am getting the same error message. Has anyone else come across this issue and know how to solve it?

Try reinstalling the software. If no work talk to Logitech Support.

Are you running them as an administrator?

-> rightclick on the shortcut / .exe and choose "run as administrator" for testing to see if that makes a difference.

I know it sounds stupidly simplistic but it can actually be the cause of some programms not working anymore all of a sudden, even if you do have an Administrator Account on the System itself this could cause it.

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

Amdahls law > multicore CPU.

7 minutes ago, Nord said:

Are you running them as an administrator?

-> rightclick on the shortcut / .exe and choose "run as administrator" for testing to see if that makes a difference.

I know it sounds stupidly simplistic but it can actually be the cause of some programms not working anymore all of a sudden, even if you do have an Administrator Account on the System itself this could cause it.

I figured out what the issue was. After looking at the versions I downloaded from the website I noticed they were all the 32 bit versions despite me having 64 bit selected on the download option on the website. So my friend downloaded the 64 bit version for me and sent it to me and I was able to install that. Not sure why I couldn't download the 64 bit version but it's working now so I'm satisfied.