Why is the Asrock K4 slighty smaller?

I'm looking for a motherboard for my upcoming r9 380 (maybe 480) 6500 and I saw the Asrock K4 It was a z170 at the price of a H170, with a sick red and black color scheme and the possibility to Non K overclock, with the right bios.

But there is only one thing stopping me from getting this board, the size. Its an odd(smaller than atx) size and wont take advantage of all of the ATX mounts. I have a windowed case so I'm afraid, it would look a bit off.

Well, that probably is the Z170M , which is the smaller form of the ATX. This doesn't mean it won't perform as good as a full ATX motherboard, just has less connectivity, like PCIe ports and perhaps less SATA ports. 

If you don't need much of those, go ahead its great mobo.

28 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

What do you mean?

ASRock-Fatal1ty-Z170-GAMING-K4.jpg

yup

Just now, TheRandomness said:

What do you mean small?

its an inch thinner than a normal atx borard, so it does not use all the atx mounting holes

21 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

-snip-

I think he means it's a bit thinner than full-sized ATX motherboards, it's not as apparent on this motherboard as on this one, for example:

Gigabyte_Z170-HD3_top_w_600.jpg

But it's still apparent as the VRM heatsinks is very close to the IO and the chipset heatsink is directly on the edge of the board (there's no room for horizontally-placed SATA ports to its left), Gigabyte only put on heatsink for the VRM above of the socket and used a very small heatsink for the chipset to be able to put the SATA ports horizontally on the edges of the board instead of putting them vertically on either side of the chipset as that might become an issue if you want to put another card as the SATA cables might interfere unless it's something small like the R9 Nano.