Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Screen

ahuckphin
Go to solution Solved by ahuckphin,

i accounted a issue which lead to double posting 

Starting with, my phone glass had been cracked from a previous incident (and i use tape as a screen protector). So my phone was in my pencil case which was on a chair about a meter from the ground and the pencil case dropped onto the floor which was very near a swimming pool. i am unsure whether floor was wet or not and whether the pencil case was wet or not. It was around 2 hours before i checked my phone and discovered the issue. Since first discovering the issue, the purple thingy have been covering more and more of my screen 2016-05-04.jpg

Took this photo about 3 hours after i discovered my pencil case on floor

2016-05-04 (1).jpg

15 minutes later

so what is this all about. Is there a explanation for this?

i accounted a issue which lead to double posting 

Note: This is just a highly recommended suggestion, I know little about hardware, but I'm just stating what might possibly be the best option.

First of all, its a Note 2, which was released in 2012. Don't expect to be anywhere near durable as flagships today, since Gorilla Glass is was only at its 1st or 2nd generation around that time, but now in its 4th, and 5th should be coming soon. Secondly, since the phone is cracked, it might have damaged the internals. I see problems relating to these on torture testing videos all the time, although I never seen a screen effect like that (It looks cool btw). I personally think you should worry about purchasing a new phone rather than fixing your current phone, especially in a situation like this. It doesn't matter figuring out how it happened, I think its better to focus on having a phone that works.

You currently have Note 2 in 2016, which is a 4 year old phone that is severely outdated in technology terms. I highly suggest you give up on this problem, as fixing it will be expensive, and most likely near impossible. Make sure to destroy your phone completely to prevent anyone from restoring the data (be safe though), and don't bother recycling it since nobody is going to want a destroyed phone, especially if it's outdated. I could suggest many options for a new phone, but first you need to tell me what you want a phone to have. (price, specs, camera, what year it came out, etc).

-Kevin-

13 hours ago, krkevin said:

Note: This is just a highly recommended suggestion, I know little about hardware, but I'm just stating what might possibly be the best option.

First of all, its a Note 2, which was released in 2012. Don't expect to be anywhere near durable as flagships today, since Gorilla Glass is was only at its 1st or 2nd generation around that time, but now in its 4th, and 5th should be coming soon. Secondly, since the phone is cracked, it might have damaged the internals. I see problems relating to these on torture testing videos all the time, although I never seen a screen effect like that (It looks cool btw). I personally think you should worry about purchasing a new phone rather than fixing your current phone, especially in a situation like this. It doesn't matter figuring out how it happened, I think its better to focus on having a phone that works.

You currently have Note 2 in 2016, which is a 4 year old phone that is severely outdated in technology terms. I highly suggest you give up on this problem, as fixing it will be expensive, and most likely near impossible. Make sure to destroy your phone completely to prevent anyone from restoring the data (be safe though), and don't bother recycling it since nobody is going to want a destroyed phone, especially if it's outdated. I could suggest many options for a new phone, but first you need to tell me what you want a phone to have. (price, specs, camera, what year it came out, etc).

Thanks for your information. I plan to just purchase a Leagoo Alfa 4 to replace this phone