T-Mobile phone discount for new service?

nkucz

I want to open new line on T-Mobile, currently on parents Verizon line, and I was wondering if they have phone discounts like verizon for a new line? Like can I get an HTC One for $100? Or is all they have the monthly phone payments? Thanks

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

HELP ME

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

They have a phone repayment plan, you pay $99 for the HTC One upfront and then repay the rest of the value of the phone (it's worth $604) over 24 months so it's the plan you choose + $21 a month for the phone repayment for the next 2 years. It works exactly like Verizon, it's just more transparent than Verizon.

They have a phone repayment plan, you pay $99 for the HTC One upfront and then repay the rest of the value of the phone (it's worth $604) over 24 months so it's the plan you choose + $21 a month for the phone repayment for the next 2 years. It works exactly like Verizon, it's just more transparent than Verizon.

Yea but in Verizon you would only pay $99, you wouldn't have to make monthly payments? Also, what happens if the phone breaks?

Verizon is no different, they just don't tell you you're making monthly payments that are built into your plan's price.

Verizon is no different, they just don't tell you you're making monthly payments that are built into your plan's price.

So when you buy a new phone with verizon, they build it into your plan you just don't notice? I'm pretty sure no price is added

Verizon isn't in the business of losing $500, they just make sure their plans are expensive enough to cover the costs. That's why a decent plan at Verizon will cost over $100

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/t-mobile-eliminating-subsidies-good-thing-iphone/

also http://www.datamation.com/mobile-wireless/why-the-mobile-phone-subsidy-is-a-myth-1.html

In the United States, major mobile operators like Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile have long followed a bizarre-yet-sly strategy: they subsidize the up-front cost of mobile devices, hiding the real cost of phones in the fees and charges of service contracts. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know a new Nokia Lumia 920 doesn’t cost $100, or an iPhone 4 $1 – but those are the kinds of price tags carriers hang on new devices to get customers to walk through the door (or click a Buy button). It was a strategy that encouraged consumers to adopt mobile phones (and drop landlines) by lowering up-front costs.

But the costs are still there. Smartphone buyers committing to a new two-year service agreement today are essentially agreeing to pay anywhere from $1,500 to $3,000 over the span of two years. Much of that money is for service – and operators’ profit margins – but some of it is the cost of the device. Consumers who want out of their contracts early wind up paying a termination fee that covers any outstanding costs of the handset – and often a wide assortment of creative “processing fees” mainly intended to make it painful to leave a carrier early.

Verizon isn't in the business of losing $500, they just make sure their plans are expensive enough to cover the costs. That's why a decent plan at Verizon will cost over $100

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/t-mobile-eliminating-subsidies-good-thing-iphone/

also http://www.datamation.com/mobile-wireless/why-the-mobile-phone-subsidy-is-a-myth-1.html

Okay I understand now thanks! Anybody here have t-mobile? hows the coverage?