kraken x61 vs tt water 3.0 ultimate.

Which one is better between these two, a kraken x 61 or a thermaltake 3.0 waterforce.

Also, curious, are there any 420 mm aios out there?

Thanks

The X61 can be installed in more systems quieter and more reliable.

The 3.0 is a couple C cooler.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 hour ago, thekeemo said:

which one would be better for a 5820k in a 760t case?

also, any 420mm aios?

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

also, any 420mm aios?

I would get the x61 since I hate noise and im not a fan of leaking.

And no there are not.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

4 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

And no there are not.

Aren't they both Asetek AiO's...?

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Just now, Octavialicious said:

I think they are both Asetek pumps but I think TT makes the rest themselves.

And no there are not.

1 hour ago, Octavialicious said:

so,

no 420mm aios?

and by what im seeing, get a x61?

11 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

so,

no 420mm aios?

and by what im seeing, get a x61?

I am not aware of any 420mm AIOs and I don't think they would bring any major gain either.

And yes, x61 is the safest way - they are reliable and do the cooling great.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

22 hours ago, thekeemo said:

It isn't actually cooler with stock fans (but in both cases you will want to replace them.)

23 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

Which one is better between these two, a kraken x 61 or a thermaltake 3.0 waterforce.

Also, curious, are there any 420 mm aios out there?

Thanks

The thermaltake unit is a pile of junk. Don't buy... The x61 stock fans are INSANELY LOUD, so you will want to replace them. But otherwise, very good aio.

Generally speaking 280mm aio's preform within margin of error of 360mm ones due to fairly similar surface area (280mm aio only has ~10% less) and 140mm fans are higher airflow at the same noise.

There are not any 420mm aio's on the market today, but Swiftech has their next gen 280 and 360 mm variants you could consider (although they are very expensive just like the EK aio's).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Just now, Curufinwe_wins said:

It isn't actually cooler with stock fans (but in both cases you will want to replace them.)

The thermaltake unit is a pile of junk. Don't buy... The x61 stock fans are INSANELY LOUD, so you will want to replace them. But otherwise, very good aio.

Generally speaking 280mm aio's preform within margin of error of 360mm ones due to fairly similar surface area (280mm aio only has ~10% less) and 140mm fans are higher airflow at the same noise.

There are not any 420mm aio's on the market today, but Swiftech has their next gen 280 and 360 mm variants you could consider (although they are very expensive just like the EK aio's).

Compared to the corsair fans they are dead silent.

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Compared to the corsair fans they are dead silent.

uhh have you used the x61? I have... Those fans are like 45 dB each (they do push an insane amount of air though)... And they don't get much quieter turned down either (>30 dB even at 5V)...

100% required replacement of fans. But yay for HP-14 fans.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

uhh have you used the x61? I have... Those fans are like 45 dB each (they do push an insane amount of air though)... And they don't get much quieter turned down either (>30 dB even at 5V)...

100% required replacement of fans. But yay for HP-14 fans.

Then why is the silent PC cooler of choice..

Just now, thekeemo said:

Then why is the silent PC cooler of choice..

1. Because it was until quite recently the best performing aio on the market...

2. Because being a thin rad, it works well with slow quiet aftermarket fans.

3. Because NO ONE SHOULD EVER USE STOCK FANS ON AN AIO (outside of EK/Swiftech Prestige lines).

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

1. Because it was until quite recently the best performing aio on the market...

2. Because being a thin rad, it works well with slow quiet aftermarket fans.

3. Because NO ONE SHOULD EVER USE STOCK FANS ON AN AIO (outside of EK/Swiftech Prestige lines).

They also say it is only 20db

4 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

They also say it is only 20db

Yea well they are full of shit. Also 20dB is the claimed minimum noise PER FAN without a rad. The claimed maximum PER FAN is 37 dB. Add a radiator (airflow obstruction increases noise), and you should easily be able to see 45+.... In fact here was a review number for it (100% fan speed).

nzxt_kraken_x61_280mm_aio_cpu_cooler_review_46

Article Image

BTW. It is my favorite large AIO on the market, and I'd recommend it to anyone, but you HAVE TO REPLACE THE STOCK FANS.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Yea well they are full of shit. Also 20dB is the claimed minimum noise PER FAN without a rad. The claimed maximum PER FAN is 37 dB. Add a radiator (airflow obstruction increases noise), and you should easily be able to see 45+.... In fact here was a review number for it (100% fan speed).

Oh they run them at very low speed. Who the hell run their cooler at 100%? http://www.silentpcreview.com/article30-page1.html

6 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Oh they run them at very low speed. Who the hell run their cooler at 100%? http://www.silentpcreview.com/article30-page1.html

Look, just replace the awful fans.... MUCH MUCH BETTER FANS are available for 10-20 dollars more. Ones that actually drop below ambient at some point... 

Check out that SPCR x61 review... the one fan alone at 7V is still 30!!!! dB

— 7V/1120 RPM (29 dBA@1m)
— 9V/1450 RPM (36~37 dBA@1m)
— 12V/1940 RPM (45 dBA@1m)

Our chief complaint is that achieving the low noise operation documented here requires a fair amount of creativity and experimentation. Following NZXT's standard instructions will provide superb cooling performance but not with low noise (as we define it). Both the fans and pump have very high top speeds, and the included software can't reduce it as much as is needed. Used as intended — i.e. connect the fans via the included SATA-powered fan headers, and set the software's speed controls to minimum — the X61 generates 29 dBA@1m SPL, which is most definitely not quiet. You need other means to slow the fans and the pump down, like a third party controller or the headers on your motherboard, but it's a waste to have all those unused connectors dangling off the base.

Knowing how loud something is under higher speeds is crucial if you plan on putting real thermal loads on it (say overclocking instead of stock speeds).

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

1 hour ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Look, just replace the awful fans.... MUCH MUCH BETTER FANS are available for 10-20 dollars more. Ones that actually drop below ambient at some point... 

Check out that SPCR x61 review... the one fan alone at 7V is still 30!!!! dB

— 7V/1120 RPM (29 dBA@1m)
— 9V/1450 RPM (36~37 dBA@1m)
— 12V/1940 RPM (45 dBA@1m)

Our chief complaint is that achieving the low noise operation documented here requires a fair amount of creativity and experimentation. Following NZXT's standard instructions will provide superb cooling performance but not with low noise (as we define it). Both the fans and pump have very high top speeds, and the included software can't reduce it as much as is needed. Used as intended — i.e. connect the fans via the included SATA-powered fan headers, and set the software's speed controls to minimum — the X61 generates 29 dBA@1m SPL, which is most definitely not quiet. You need other means to slow the fans and the pump down, like a third party controller or the headers on your motherboard, but it's a waste to have all those unused connectors dangling off the base.

Knowing how loud something is under higher speeds is crucial if you plan on putting real thermal loads on it (say overclocking instead of stock speeds).

Corsair sp140s ftw

How are the thermaltake ring14s?

Corsair sp140s ftw

SP140s nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

They are ripoff SP140s so I would assume about the same.

A14s / Silent wings ftw

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

SP140s nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

They are ripoff SP140s so I would assume about the same.

A14s / Silent wings ftw

Need yellow rgb

Need yellow rgb

No.. just no..

Get a proper LED strip.

9 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

Corsair sp140s ftw

Not amazing... LED fans are generally really poor...

Just get a separate led controller... And HP-14 (or GP-14) fans.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS