Please Help! PC wont boot, even with integrated graphics!

jewishdolphins

Title says it. PC's been acting weird lately. It all started when I randomly got home one day and it would not display anything. When I turn my pc on, the lights turn on and the fans move, but no image on my monitors. The only thing I see is a red CPU LED turn on.

AND BEFORE ANYONE ASKS: yes I cleared the cmos several times, I changed the cmos battery with a new one, I tried putting in only 1 stick of ram and switching them around, I tried a different HDMI cable, I also switched my HDMI cable to onboard graphics and there's still no display when I turn on my pc, I also tried taking out my graphics card and putting it back in, etc etc.

HOWEVER THERE IS HOPE: yesterday night I disconnected my cables that go to my SSD and HDD and I reconnected them and then when I turned on my pc, it WORKED. I saw like several red LED lights turn on for a few seconds, and then they went away after a few seconds and the PC booted up like normal. So it's def not graphics card related. BUT, today when I turned on my PC it did the same crap again where it would all turn on, but no display. 

1 minute ago, drc00k3 said:

Reconnect all your cables.

but what's the point? It will probably end up doing the same thing again where it will work for a day and then act all stupid again. I need to find out if that is actually the problem or if its an electrical issue or a motherboard issue, ya know? 

2 minutes ago, jewishdolphins said:

but what's the point? It will probably end up doing the same thing again where it will work for a day and then act all stupid again. I need to find out if that is actually the problem or if its an electrical issue or a motherboard issue, ya know? 

You might have a lose cable somewhere.

You might have a lose cable somewhere.

what if i don't? (lets just say) Then what?

1 minute ago, jewishdolphins said:

what if i don't? (lets just say) Then what?

I'd say remove the HDD/SSD cables completely and it let it boot that way. If it boots consistently then one of those drives is corrupt

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

Do you have a BIOS speaker, if so how many beeps does it make?

12 minutes ago, jewishdolphins said:

Title says it. PC's been acting weird lately. It all started when I randomly got home one day and it would not display anything. When I turn my pc on, the lights turn on and the fans move, but no image on my monitors. The only thing I see is a red CPU LED turn on.

AND BEFORE ANYONE ASKS: yes I cleared the cmos several times, I changed the cmos battery with a new one, I tried putting in only 1 stick of ram and switching them around, I tried a different HDMI cable, I also switched my HDMI cable to onboard graphics and there's still no display when I turn on my pc, I also tried taking out my graphics card and putting it back in, etc etc.

HOWEVER THERE IS HOPE: yesterday night I disconnected my cables that go to my SSD and HDD and I reconnected them and then when I turned on my pc, it WORKED. I saw like several red LED lights turn on for a few seconds, and then they went away after a few seconds and the PC booted up like normal. So it's def not graphics card related. BUT, today when I turned on my PC it did the same crap again where it would all turn on, but no display. 

Any Motherboard beep code?

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

1 minute ago, GangstaRas said:

I'd say remove the HDD/SSD cables completely and it let it boot that way. If it boots consistently then one of those drives is corrupt

so even if my pcs been working all this time, there's a chance that it can (now) be corrupt? Also I had 1 other question just out of curiosity: if u ever get screwed with malware, could someone possibly screw up ur drives? (did not happen to me but j.w.)

Do you have a BIOS speaker, if so how many beeps does it make?

and no bios speaker bro.

1 minute ago, I am an SSD said:

Any Motherboard beep code?

no, I dont have mobo speakers.

Just now, jewishdolphins said:

no, I dont have mobo speakers.

okay ..so the last time this happened to me was when my CPU decided not to work anymore...maybe you want to see  if its seated properly?

Spoiler

so even if my pcs been working all this time, there's a chance that it can (now) be corrupt? Also I had 1 other question just out of curiosity: if u ever get screwed with malware, could someone possibly screw up ur drives? (did not happen to me but j.w.)

Yep. In my experience with corrupted HDDs, it hangs the BIOS trying to read the drive, sometimes the drive gets read and Windows won't boot and sometimes without doing a thing but restarting everything magically works. In my case, I had two problems, some parts of the HDD were corrupt and the SATA cable was broken at one end causing the inconsistency with detecting the HDD. If it's a power issue, your HDD would not show up period so I wouldn't worry there.

Malware can screw up your drives on the software level but I doubt its anything like that, if you were able to boot into Windows after a reconnection I'm putting bet that theres something wrong with one of the cable's connection

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

2 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

okay ..so the last time this happened to me was when my CPU decided not to work anymore...maybe you want to see  if its seated properly?

why wouldn't it be? I probably would not be able to close the cpu with the bracket or even mount my water block on it if it was not seated properly...I took it out the other day and I am almost positive it is seated correctly.

Just now, jewishdolphins said:

why wouldn't it be? I probably would not be able to close the cpu with the bracket or even mount my water block on it if it was not seated properly...I took it out the other day and I am almost positive it is seated correctly.

You sure your CPU works then?

Spoiler

1 minute ago, GangstaRas said:

Yep. In my experience with corrupted HDDs, it hangs the BIOS trying to read the drive, sometimes the drive gets read and Windows won't boot and sometimes without doing a thing but restarting everything magically works. In my case, I had two problems, some parts of the HDD were corrupt and the SATA cable was broken at one end causing the inconsistency with detecting the HDD. If it's a power issue, your HDD would not show up period so I wouldn't worry there.

Malware can screw up your drives on the software level but I doubt its anything like that, if you were able to boot into Windows after a reconnection I'm putting bet that theres something wrong with one of the cable's connection

I'll try reconnecting everything again. also in case it matters, I already replaced the psu so its definitely not that xD. any other advice would be very appreciated! I just need people to spit out ideas so i can go try them out after and see if it works!

This is also possible, sometimes the CPU can get shifted ever so slightly by the heatsink and cause the system to not boot but check this as a last resort. I highly doubt its your problem at the moment

1 minute ago, I am an SSD said:

You sure your CPU works then?

It worked yesterday bro. Read the whole description. I was able to play CSGO last night just fine. its not the cpu.

Here's how I would go about it:

1. Boot the system with only CPU and RAM. If it boots to BIOS and display works, If it does go to step 2.

2. Connect your system drive, I assume it's SSD on SATA3 port. If it boots to windows go to step 3. If it doesn't, try different SATA port, SATA cable and SATA power cable.

3. Connect your HDD and try booting. If it doesn't boot try different SATA port, SATA cable and SATA power cable.

MOBO: Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 | CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX770 2GB WF3 OC Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue DDR3-1600 XMP 16GB (4x4GB) | SSD: Intel 530 Series 180GB SATAIII | HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1.0TB SATA III & WD AV-GP 3.0TB SATA IIPSU: Corsair AX 760 | Case: Chieftec DX-02B | CPU cooler:  Corsair H100i with 4 Noctua NF-F12's in Push-Pull | Fans: 3x Noctua NF-S12A Front and Rear-intake, 1x Noctua NF-A14 Bottom-intake, 1x CoolerMaster MegaFlow 200 Side Panel-intake, 1xNoctua NF-F12 Top-exhaust | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | Keyboard: Logitech G510 | Mouse: Gigabyte Aivia Krypton