Buying a laptop tomorrow. Need help to pick one from the list.

I made a exact same thread the other day, but I feel like I missed some points, and the comment section got a bit confusing.
This laptop is not intended for "real" gaming and I will probably only play light games such as "Age of empires 2 HD" "Football manager" "Minecraft"
The gaming part is not really that important since I will be doing other stuff that is more important.
Music production. The projects can be long and I will be using a lot of different plugins, effects and for this reason CPU power and RAM is needed.

I have not really decided yet if I want a 4K screen or 1080p. I have never seen or tried 4K on a 15,6 inch screen, and I'm not sure if I would see any difference. The price from a 4K laptop vs 1080p laptop seems pretty similar these days. I do NOT want a laptop with 48hz. Even though it makes perfectly sense that 48hz is more than enough if I'm going to game in 4K since I probably won't even get steady 60 FPS.
The issue is that if I don't get 60 FPS with these light games, I rather bump down the resolution and get 60FPS. Not to mention that 48hz when not playing kind of hurts. Even how the mouse goes around kind of bugs med at 48hz.

I also don't know if I'm ever going to need more than 2GB of vram or if I should go with 4GB. I'm also not sure yet if I'm going to upgrade to more than 16GB of ram in the feature. Some of these laptops has only 1 slot for ram or have low max ram.

Now, I would really appreciate if people only recommended laptops from my list. The reason for these is that I have been using filtering to find laptops that suits me. Not to mention that I live in Norway and laptops will have a different price here vs The USA. Also we don't have that many alternatives for laptops. I have listed EVERY laptop that I found using this filtering.
If you recommend a different laptop for some reason, it's either not available in my country, it's to pricey or you have not followed my preferred filtering.

Filtering I did:

- Weight max 3kg (6.61 lbs)

- 14 - 15 inch screen
- Minimum 16GB RAM
- Price max $1,846
CPU i7
(3720QM, 3740QM, 4710MQ, 4720HQ, 4750HQ ,4770HQ ,4790K ,4800MQ ,4810MQ ,4870HQ, 4900MQ, 4910MQ, 4980HQ, 5700HQ, 6700HQ, 6820HK, 6820HQ, 6920HQ)

With these filtering, I found the laptops that I have on my list. I wrote down all the laptops so there are pretty much not other laptops that I want. At least in my country.

Also, I don't think storage is that important because I already own a Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD that I can use. I do like the idea that I can run a SSD and have a HDD for storage on some of these laptops.
The SSD that comes with the laptop, I will probably give to my parents or something since they only have a HDD in their laptop.

Here is the list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15rXCwpKXujADkJKlKEqVrH_v2r61KuZtBUX655V9fFQ/edit?usp=sharing

Again, I'm sorry that this is my second thread about the same issue. I just did some updates and wanted to also update my thread. The comment section also got a bit confusing where people started to recommend laptops that wasn't even on the list. Laptops that is not available for me or are to pricey.

Buying a laptop from another country is also not an option since we have a customs limit here to $40. Customs would simply be pricey, and the keyboard wouldn't look the same.

ADDONS:

The reason why some of the laptops are marked red is because they either come with a GTX 950M or they have a "TN" panel.
I have so many options that I simply don't understand why I would pick the GTX 950M. Also I will spend more time off gaming than on gaming, so the "TN" panel also doesn't make sense to me. I also don't really play FPS games, so TN panel is not something I prefer.

6 minutes ago, kiicki said:

I made a exact same thread the other day, but I feel like I missed some points, and the comment section got a bit confusing.
This laptop is not intended for "real" gaming and I will probably only play light games such as "Age of empires 2 HD" "Football manager" "Minecraft"
The gaming part is not really that important since I will be doing other stuff that is more important.
Music production. The projects can be long and I will be using a lot of different plugins, effects and for this reason CPU power and RAM is needed.

I have not really decided yet if I want a 4K screen or 1080p. I have never seen or tried 4K on a 15,6 inch screen, and I'm not sure if I would see any difference. The price from a 4K laptop vs 1080p laptop seems pretty similar these days. I do NOT want a laptop with 48hz. Even though it makes perfectly sense that 48hz is more than enough if I'm going to game in 4K since I probably won't even get steady 60FPS.
The issue is that if I don't get 60FPS with these light games, I rather bump down the resolution and get 60FPS. Not to mention that 48hz when not playing kind of hurts. Even how the mouse goes around kind of bugs med at 48hz.

I also don't know if I'm ever going to need more than 2GB of vram or if I should go with 4GB. I'm also not sure yet if I'm going to upgrade to more than 16GB of ram in the feature. Some of these laptops has only 1 slot for ram or have low max ram.

Now, I would really appreciate if people only recommended laptops from my list. The reason for these is that I have been using filtering to find laptops that suits me. Not to mention that I live in Norway and laptops will have a different price here vs The USA. Also we don't have that many alternatives for laptops. I have listed EVERY laptop that I found using this filtering.
If you recommend a different laptop for some reason, it's either not available in my country, it's to pricey or you have not followed my preferred filtering.

Filtering I did:

- Weight max 3kg (6.61 lbs)

- 14 - 15 inch screen
- Minimum 16GB RAM
- Price max $1,846
CPU i7
(3720QM, 3740QM, 4710MQ, 4720HQ, 4750HQ ,4770HQ ,4790K ,4800MQ ,4810MQ ,4870HQ, 4900MQ, 4910MQ, 4980HQ, 5700HQ, 6700HQ, 6820HK, 6820HQ, 6920HQ)

With these filtering, I found the laptops that I have on my list. I wrote down all the laptops so there are pretty much not other laptops that I want. At least in my country.

Also, I don't think storage is that important because I already own a Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD that I can use. I do like the idea that I can run a SSD and have a HDD for storage on some of these laptops.
The SSD that comes with the laptop, I will probably give to my parents or something since they only have a HDD in their laptop.

Here is the list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WMwpZIsU5djRd4SvkMM0hJiOJdLIC7QCtdV5_QfuEIw/edit?usp=sharing

Again, I'm sorry that this is my second thread about the same issue. I just did some updates and wanted to also update my thread. The comment section also got a bit confusing where people started to recommend laptops that wasn't even on the list. Laptops that is not available for me or are to pricey.

Buying a laptop from another country is also not an option since we have a customs limit here to $40. Customs would simply be pricey, and the keyboard wouldn't look the same.

Lenovo y700 is what would personally go with, but that's just me. I had the lenovo y510p for many years and it served me well. Also had a friend of mine buy the y50 and he likes it as well. 

4 minutes ago, T3X4SP1AYA said:

Lenovo y700 is what would personally go with, but that's just me. I had the lenovo y510p for many years and it served me well. Also had a friend of mine buy the y50 and he likes it as well. 

Thanks for your opinion. Many people did recommend me the Y700 so I will seriously consider that laptop.
For the y50, I didn't want them because they come with a "TN" panel. It's not what I prefer, and I'm going to spend more time off gaming than I will gaming.
Also, I don't play FPS games, so a TN panel doesn't really make to much sense for me.

3 hours ago, kiicki said:

Thanks for your opinion. Many people did recommend me the Y700 so I will seriously consider that laptop.
For the y50, I didn't want them because they come with a "TN" panel. It's not what I prefer, and I'm going to spend more time off gaming than I will gaming.
Also, I don't play FPS games, so a TN panel doesn't really make to much sense for me.

Y50 has an IPS panel as of Febuary 2015

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

43 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Y50 has an IPS panel as of Febuary 2015

Maybe I'm confusing Y50 with Y50-70. Either way, the Y50-70 that is on the list doesn't have IPS panel.

I think that most of the SSD's is m.2 and not 2.5 inch. That could be a problem since i cannot use my 500GB 2.5 inch SSD for more storage.
I would need to buy a new SSD then and that just adds more money. I guess I would need to go with a laptop that is at least 256 GB SSD.
Even that, I feel like it's to small, even if I had 1TB HDD as a second drive.

As I can tell, laptops that can have x2 SSD/HDD only has 128GB of SSD and 1 TB of HDD. 128GB SSD is to low : (
Guess that's what I would need to go with and upgrade in the feature, since the laptops I don't want is the only once that has minimum 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD.

6 hours ago, kiicki said:

Maybe I'm confusing Y50 with Y50-70. Either way, the Y50-70 that is on the list doesn't have IPS panel.

There is no difference between them - the TN panels were stopped from production 1.5 years ago

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

7 hours ago, kiicki said:

It's been a long time since I have seen a Y50 with a TN screen.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

4 hours ago, don_svetlio said:

There is no difference between them - the TN panels were stopped from production 1.5 years ago

Then I guess that the Y50 with IPS panel is to expensive. I know for sure that the Y50 on the list comes with TN panel.

4 hours ago, Dackzy said:

It's been a long time since I have seen a Y50 with a TN screen.

Yeah, I checked it. The Y50 laptops with IPS panel doesn't have 16GB of RAM. That's why they are not on the list.
Also many of the laptops comes with i7 4210H, which not really that great. The other once is great and comes with 4720HQ but they only got 8GB of ram.
That's why they were not on my list.

Just now, kiicki said:

Yeah, I checked it. The Y50 laptops with IPS panel doesn't have 16GB of RAM. That's why they are not on the list.
Also many of the laptops comes with i7 4210H, which not really that great. The other once is great and comes with 4720HQ but they only got 8GB of ram.

you can just buy more ram...

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

you can just buy more ram...

Or just buy a laptop from the list that already has the ram. Also the max ram that I can put in to a Y50 is 16GB of ram.
That is what I'm going with but I don't plan to switch laptops every year so maybe I want more than 16GB of ram at some point.

3 minutes ago, kiicki said:

Or just buy a laptop from the list that already has the ram. Also the max ram that I can put in to a Y50 is 16GB of ram.
That is what I'm going with but I don't plan to switch laptops every year so maybe I want more than 16GB of ram at some point.

what use more than 16gb on minecraft...

10 minutes ago, kiicki said:

4720HQ and 4710HQ are the same CPU with 100MHz clockspeed difference

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

what use more than 16gb on minecraft...

No, FL studio. it depends on what plugins I use and how big of a project it is. Also I like to do more than 1 thing at the time.
A movie in the background and web browsing with a lot of tasks open. It could be handy with more than 16GB. Not saying that it will be necessary. I just like to have that option without actually buying a new computer, just to upgrade the ram.

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

I didn't say 4710HQ. I said  4210H. It's an i5. The Y50 in my country comes in either 4720HQ or 4210H.
It doesn't really matter since I don't like the fact that it only can have 16GB of ram and it comes with only 8GB so I would need to buy a new stick and upgrade it.
I just don't see how that is better than just buy one from the list.
I'm not saying that I need more than 16GB of ram now, but it can be handy in the feature. Maybe 1 year from now. It would be a bummer if I would need to buy a new laptop to upgrade to more than 16GB of Ram. I already got some nice choices that covers all that.

41 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Do you know if there is any noticeable difference between 6700HQ and 4720HQ? Should I also base my next laptop on one of these, or wouldn't it matter?

Just now, kiicki said:

Do you know if there is any noticeable difference between 6700HQ and 4720HQ? Should I also base my next laptop on one of these, or wouldn't it matter?

6700HQ is about 4% faster - negligible - the 5700HQ is actually faster than both

9 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

6700HQ is about 4% faster - negligible - the 5700HQ is actually faster than both

Thanks for the info. We only got like 3 laptops here that offers 5700HQ. Two of them is not in stock or they don't sell them anymore. The last one is a 17,3 inch screen. To big : /
Guess I will go with the 6700HQ. It will make the decision a bit easier for me.

1 minute ago, kiicki said:

Thanks for the info. We only got like 3 laptops here that offers 5700HQ. Two of them is not in stock or they don't sell them anymore. The last one is a 17,3 inch screen. To big : /
Guess I will go with the 6700HQ. It will make the decision a bit easier for me.

It really doesn't matter - 4720HQ and 6700HQ are both powerful