Canon EOS 1200D is it good?

hi there, my local stores (i live in Saudi arabia) have a Cannon EOS1200D for sale with a 75-300 MM lens included for 500USD, is the camera good for photography? and aviation photography ? as i plan to do spotting with it

There's hardly a bad camera, just bad photographers.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

In short, yes it's good. A guy I worked with had the previous model, the 1100D, and the photos that he took with that looked very nice.

3 minutes ago, ALwin said:

There's hardly a bad camera, just bad photographers.

no, i meant quality wise etc, and feature wise. Was hoping someone who had this camera commented too, btw. just from the initial lines the guide looks epic! kudos to people like you :D

Let me put it this way: do you consider your mother or father or whoever cooks your meals for you to be a good cook?  I guess he/she must have a wonderful set of pots and pans and a fantastic stove to be able to cook such delicious food. If it wasn't for those fantastic pots, pans, utensils, stoves, he/she would probably be a bad cook.

There are a variety of cameras on the market, each with similar features and at the same time different features.  All of them are capable of taking photos, that's what the manufacturer designed them to do.  Buy the camera you are comfortable using and can afford and go out their to take photos.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

40 minutes ago, ALwin said:

Let me put it this way: do you consider your mother or father or whoever cooks your meals for you to be a good cook?  I guess he/she must have a wonderful set of pots and pans and a fantastic stove to be able to cook such delicious food. If it wasn't for those fantastic pots, pans, utensils, stoves, he/she would probably be a bad cook.

There are a variety of cameras on the market, each with similar features and at the same time different features.  All of them are capable of taking photos, that's what the manufacturer designed them to do.  Buy the camera you are comfortable using and can afford and go out their to take photos.

thats the best thing ive read in a while, ty for the advice!!!

Which 75-300mm? There are some really bad lenses with this focal range.

A Nikon D3200, D3300 would offer a higher image quality.