SSD Bottleneck?

Go to solution Solved by ChrisCross,
Just now, Awesomeg1999 said:

it will be bottlenecked when it comes to sequential speeds. but the random access times and iops wont.

meaning your system will be way faster but if you move large files it wont be that fast

Hello everyone, I am planning on upgrading from a mechanical drive to a 500 GB 850 Evo, but my motherboard's SATA controller is SATA II. So the drive will be forced to run at SATA II speeds (half of SATA III).

1. Will this bottleneck my SSD?

2. If so, would it be a noticeable bottleneck

3. Even with the bottleneck would I see an improvement over the current HDD? (I'm pretty sure the answers yes on this one but I still want to make sure).

1.) Yes, the SSD will be bottlenecked when it is able to achieve speeds that go beyond SATAII. 

2.) In certain tasks, you might notice it.

3.) Yes, you will see a huge improvement. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Awesomeg1999 said:

it will be bottlenecked when it comes to sequential speeds. but the random access times and iops wont.

meaning your system will be way faster but if you move large files it wont be that fast

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.