Is it the hard drive?

Kazito

Hello,

I built a brand new PC a while back because my old one had an issue with permissions on my account, and updating drivers etc. Because i was running low on money at that point i decided to factory reset my old PC before moving the hard drive over to the new PC. I have recently noticed that im having similar issues when it comes to updating drivers on my PC, the hard drive was the only thing that i moved from my old PC to my new one. Could this be because of something to do with the hard drive, would getting a new hard drive fix this issue?

I don't really known, it might be the platter that writes the driver is damaged or the OS wasn't installing the drivers properly. Try a full reformat of the hard make sure to back it up first and then reinstall the os and copy backed up Doucuments. If that doesn't work I'd get a new hard drive.

Also, how about some more details, such as the operating system you're running. Differen't OSes handle the same situations differently.

26 minutes ago, royalcrown said:

Also, how about some more details, such as the operating system you're running. Differen't OSes handle the same situations differently.

Windows 10 Home.

64-bit

32 minutes ago, Laptopgamer940M said:

I don't really known, it might be the platter that writes the driver is damaged or the OS wasn't installing the drivers properly. Try a full reformat of the hard make sure to back it up first and then reinstall the os and copy backed up Doucuments. If that doesn't work I'd get a new hard drive.

The first PC had a pre installed OS and the new PC hand the OS installed through my USB.