Reformat SSD to NTFS Help

Mad Mickey

I have this drive that i need to reformat so that i can install Win7 onto it. Right now it is running Ubuntu and i am unable to install Win7 because it is not using the NTFS file system. I have the drive connected to my Win10 but it is unrecognizable and i can only see it through disk management.

Could i please get some help with how i can get this drive to be recognized by windows?

6 minutes ago, Mad Mickey said:

i can only see it through disk management.

format from there?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

IIRC you can choose to format the drive during installation. Otherwise if the drive shows up in disk management you should be able to format it from there. Just right click the drive and choose format, the select NTFS and you should be good to go.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

7 minutes ago, tikker said:

IIRC you can choose to format the drive during installation. Otherwise if the drive shows up in disk management you should be able to format it from there. Just right click the drive and choose format, the select NTFS and you should be good to go.

I wish i was that easy, when i go to right click the only options not greyed out are delete volume and help

I dont need to keep any of the information from the previous OS, would deleting the volume make it so that i can do a complete reformat?

dskmgmt.png

2 minutes ago, Mad Mickey said:

I wish i was that easy, when i go to right click the only options not greyed out are delete volume and help

I dont need to keep any of the information from the previous OS, would deleting the volume make it so that i can do a complete reformat?

I see, I guess you can try deleting the volume then. This makes it unallocated space which you should be able to reformat (I think, it's been a while).

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

12 minutes ago, tikker said:

I see, I guess you can try deleting the volume then. This makes it unallocated space which you should be able to reformat (I think, it's been a while).

Thanks

its all good now

2 minutes ago, Mad Mickey said:

Thanks

its all good now

Nice. Glad it's fixed :)