One month countdown

Hey everyone!

My new build (first ever) is potentially commencing at the end of this month, and if not then the end of April.

Just a quick post in here to check if anyone can see any problems or parts they'd up/downgrade.

The rig will be primarily for gaming, and to a much lesser extent some light autocad designing.

The build:

Intel i5 3570k with h100i (with NF-F12's) cooling for OC

GTX 660ti power edition

Mpower big bang mobo

Avexir mpower ram 2X4gb, possibly 4x4gb

Plextor m5p 128gb for boot and WD 1TB black for storage

Xfx xxx 750w 80 plus silver power supply

CM690 II Advanced windowed case

Xonar DGX sound card

I'm open to any suggestions (especially if something plain won't work :P )

Thanks!

Rhys

Looks sweet to me :) you've got the potential to add another 660ti in the future as well which would make it even sweeter

Save money - WD Blacks have little to no performance increase over Seagate Barracudas yet cost $50 more. Drop the PSU to a 600w and take all that money saved and put it into your GPU and aim for a 670 or similar. You could probably even drop the motherboard to something cheaper too.

Save money - WD Blacks have little to no performance increase over Seagate Barracudas yet cost $50 more. Drop the PSU to a 600w and take all that money saved and put it into your GPU and aim for a 670 or similar. You could probably even drop the motherboard to something cheaper too.
Is it worth getting an 80 plus gold 600W PSU or will bronze be ok? but I will drop to a WD green or barracuda :)

WD Greens are very slow, they are meant as low energy storage drives; get a WD Blue or Barracuda. If you're on a tight budget bronze is ok but if you can spend an extra $20-30 I'd get the SeaSonic SSR-550RM.

Thanks very much :) Gonna get a 1tb barracuda. Gonna leave the power supply as is I think, as it seems the best value for money. If I can get a good deal on a silverstone closer to the time, then I think i'll upgrade to a 600-650W silverstone 80 plus gold. Thanks for the help :)

EDIT: Found an EVGA supernova (650W 80 plus gold) for the same price as the xfx so gonna get that :)

Just something to keep in mind, If you do plan to do sli in the future, you'll need about a 800W PSU

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

Not really - SLI'd 660TI's are fine on a 650w

Instead of the current XFX PSU that you have (I had it, its great, Johnny Guru rated it 9.7/10), I'd go for the fully modular 80plus gold Pro Series that XFX have http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=78946&vpn=P1750BBEFX&manufacture=Others its a great PSU.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Not sure where you will be buying your parts, but you can cut some costs on certain parts and upgrade others.

The Mpower mobo from MSI is pretty high-end for a Z77 mobo. You can save around 50-75bucks and grab one of the UD4 boards from Gigabyte, the G45s from MSI, or ASUS p8 boards. It will be more then enough for your needs for things like overclocking, gaming, etc.

You could probably save another 20 bucks if you can find a Samsung 830 or Crucial M4.

Don't know which 660Ti card you are getting but they are around 300 on average, so with the ~$100 dollar you save from switching out parts, you can grab yourself a 7970 for 400 bucks and get Crysis 3/Bioshock Infinite for free.

Not sure where you will be buying your parts, but you can cut some costs on certain parts and upgrade others.

The Mpower mobo from MSI is pretty high-end for a Z77 mobo. You can save around 50-75bucks and grab one of the UD4 boards from Gigabyte, the G45s from MSI, or ASUS p8 boards. It will be more then enough for your needs for things like overclocking, gaming, etc.

You could probably save another 20 bucks if you can find a Samsung 830 or Crucial M4.

Don't know which 660Ti card you are getting but they are around 300 on average, so with the ~$100 dollar you save from switching out parts, you can grab yourself a 7970 for 400 bucks and get Crysis 3/Bioshock Infinite for free.

I'll be honest, I'm buying the mpower because it looks awesome more than anything else. Especially with the power edition card and the avexir memory.

The plextor is cheaper than an 840 over here and I want some of the extra performance that I couldn't get with the m4.

Thank you though... I am hoping that I may have a bit more money than expected and be able to upgrade to a higher end card too :) (and hopefully still in keeping with the aesthetics of the system) :P