Windows boot

lior1111
Go to solution Solved by HPWebcamAble,

If you unplug the HDD SATA cable while booting, does it still prompt you to select a boot device?

Hi,  i just installed an ssd,  and when i installed windows i formatted my hdd and installed windows on my ssd,  its all good but now everytime i boot it asks me which windows i want to boot into,  i think its because i had win10 on the hdd and now win 8.1 on the ssd,  how do i remove that message on the boot? How do i fix it? Thanks. 

If you unplug the HDD SATA cable while booting, does it still prompt you to select a boot device?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

13 hours ago, lior1111 said:

~snip~

Hey :)

Did you leave the HDD in the system when installing the OS on the SSD? Do you still have the two OSs on the two drives? The installer may have put a system reserved or a boot partition on the HDD when installing the OS on the SSD. Could you try checking your boot sequence in BIOS and try to remove the HDD from the order.

Do you still need the second OS? 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

2 hours ago, Captain_WD said:

Hey :)

Did you leave the HDD in the system when installing the OS on the SSD? Do you still have the two OSs on the two drives? The installer may have put a system reserved or a boot partition on the HDD when installing the OS on the SSD. Could you try checking your boot sequence in BIOS and try to remove the HDD from the order.

Do you still need the second OS? 

Captain_WD.

i fixed it through manage on my pc , video of linus helped me just a little bit , everything else was figured out by webcamable. thanks alot anyways!