Best rental for 8-10 days and under $200

Inkz

So I have a trip in about a month to NYC and I have my graduation around the same time and I would like a really good camera for pictures of the city and with family/friends at graduation. Good video quality would be nice to experiment while it is not being used so I  can get some experience, but really stills would be the main focus. While I will be operating the camera for much of it, a great auto mode is really also wanted so if I hand it to someone to take pictures of me in a group they can actually know how to do it.  Also as during the graduation ceremony I will be physically far a way an optional zoom lens would be useful. What camera/ gear/ website would you guys recommend?

Check out LensRentals.com  Their prices are fairly good.  For what you want to do, I would look at a photo camera with a zoom lens that goes up to 200-250mm, and for group photos look for a wider angle lens that contains a focal length perhaps something like 24mm.  Don't try to mix photo and video if you don't have experience on using a camera that is capable of both and your rental budget is limited.

A 200-250mm zoom gives enough reach, but if you are much further away from the subjects you want to photograph (e.g. further than 20m) you may want to consider a longer lens which obviously costs more to rent.

Something like a Nikon D3x00 or D5x00 series with a zoom lens.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

to be honest I don't  know what kind of rental you can get for $200 for 8-10 days, either you can rent a body, or 1-2 lens.