Nikon D300 micro sd card problem

I got an adapter for micro sd to cf and when the card is done formatting with the format option in the camera it says the card is full

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

I got an adapter for micro sd to cf and when the card is done formatting with the format option in the camera it says the card is full

Don't use cheap adapters, in fact I don't recommend SD to CF card adapters at all.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

1 minute ago, ALwin said:

Don't use cheap adapters, in fact I don't recommend SD to CF card adapters at all.

it was 15 dollars 

it was 15 dollars 

$15 is considered pocket change when it comes to photography accessories.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

$15 is considered pocket change when it comes to photography accessories.

i cant find any adapter that is much more than that

Just now, spartaman64 said:

i cant find any adapter that is much more than that

I know.  I am not saying you should go out and buy an even more expensive adapter.  Get proper CF cards instead of using SD cards and an adapter.

I know.  I am not saying you should go out and buy an even more expensive adapter.  Get proper CF cards instead of using SD cards and an adapter.

ok after doing some research apparently d300 just doesnt support 64GB capacity 

ok after doing some research apparently d300 just doesnt support 64GB capacity 

I strongly recommend you use proper CF cards, if you value your photos and cannot afford for any part of the "image capture" chain to have a high risk point of failure.  If the photos are not valuable to you, go ahead and use an adapter.

I strongly recommend you use proper CF cards, if you value your photos and cannot afford for any part of the "image capture" chain to have a high risk point of failure.  If the photos are not valuable to you, go ahead and use an adapter.

im just learning to shoot so they are not really important so the convenience of sd cards is more important than safety 

10 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

im just learning to shoot so they are not really important so the convenience of sd cards is more important than safety 

buy a CF card and a cheap CF reader, lots of pros still use CF cards and it will just make life easier

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

17 hours ago, Williamchan87 said:

It really makes no sense to try to change your storage type

the screen on my camera is pretty bad so its hard to tell how well the photo came out. when i say sd i meant micro sd btw and my phone has a micro sd slot so i can check the photo quality on my phone so its much more convenient