Recommended Focal reducers?

Hi everyone I'm looking to buy a Panasonic G7 (I'm too poor to afford an a6300) and I was wondering if anyone recommends a cheaper Canon FD/Canon EF adapter than the metabones. Also I was wondering what you think I should get for the type of mount FD or EF bare in mind I mainly do video but also photos and I'm on a budget as I'm only 14.

Thanks, Lewis

22 minutes ago, Lewiscpullan said:

snip

You may want to do some research on the pros and cons of a lens adapter.  Then figure out what sort of compromises you are willing to make when buying an expensive adapter or cheaper one.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

11 hours ago, Lewiscpullan said:

SNIP

You realise the metabones speed booster is MORE expensive than the G7 itself at $650

http://www.metabones.com/products/details/MB_SPEF-M43-BT4

if you want to use cheap FD glass, then just get a cheap metal ring adpater and use the cheap lenses, or buy some cheap MFT glass

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

6 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

You realise the metabones speed booster is MORE expensive than the G7 itself at $650

http://www.metabones.com/products/details/MB_SPEF-M43-BT4

if you want to use cheap FD glass, then just get a cheap metal ring adpater and use the cheap lenses, or buy some cheap MFT glass

While there are certainly cheaper lens mount adapters than the ones made by Metabones, I am wondering if the OP feels the speed boosting glass element (the telecompressor) in the adapter is also essential.  It does adjust the larger image circle produced by the lens to be more of a proper size for smaller sensors which also adds the benefit of adding an extra stop of light or so.

But for this corrective glass element, I am not sure if alternatives to Metabones are also of good quality.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Just now, ALwin said:

While there are certainly cheaper lens mount adapters than the ones made by Metabones, I am wondering if the OP feels the speed boosting glass element (the telecompressor) in the adapter is also essential.  It does adjust the larger image circle produced by the lens to be more of a proper size for smaller sensors which also adds the benefit of adding an extra stop of light or so.

Oh I agree its a great piece of kit, but he then said "I am 14 and have no money" and "I cannot afford an A6300"

the price of a G7 + Speedbooster is MORE than the price of an A6300..and arguably a worse camera compared

g7 = $800 (kit lens), SB = $650,

A6300 = $1150 (kit lens)

but yeah :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Do you have old lenses you want to use? Otherwise the m4/3 lenses doesn't seem to be that expensive..? Which would eliminate the use of a adapter. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

5 hours ago, xQubeZx said:

Do you have old lenses you want to use? Otherwise the m4/3 lenses doesn't seem to be that expensive..? Which would eliminate the use of a adapter. 

I was thinking of a focal reducer because it can add an extra stop of light and increase the focal distance

There are some cheap ebay focal reducers, i bought one for my collection of old minolta lenses to mount to my fuji. The image quality is good, but with some lenses when i close down the aperture there is a bright spot in the center of the image when pointed at a bright light source. here is an example of what i am talking about. Just something to keep in mind if you want to buy a cheap focal reducer.

DSCF6284.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

To be honest I recommend you just get MFT lenses instead of tying to mount canon lenses. Look into Samyang/bower/Rokinon cine lenses if you want to do video on a budget, and if you want to go a bit more nicer there is Veydra lenses which ar really nice since they are all the same size which means you don't have to mod your rig for each lens

11 hours ago, Lewiscpullan said:

I was thinking of a focal reducer because it can add an extra stop of light and increase the focal distance

Well for the like 600usd a metabones cost you could afford to just buy a better lens that fits native. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"