In need of answers for my budget triplescreen setup.

pomaranc

I was watching some videos about VR and simracing and about how VR is so much better than triplescreens, so I decided to get triplescreen setup.

Why? HTC vive is way over my budget and I realised I could get 2 monitors similar to what I have for 10x less money, actually even a bit less than that.

However the issue is I have pretty old monitor, it is 1920x1080 19'' and it only has VGA input. It is old version of ASUS 288 model.

I managed to find newer versions of ASUS 228 with HDMI and DVI-D for about 40-50€

Would they work with surround together?

I have seen some people with more mismatched monitors than I have getting it to work but still, I want to be sure. 

Also could the fact that I will be using DVI-I -->VGA adapter on one monitor cause some issues?

3 minutes ago, pomaranc said:

I was watching some videos about VR and simracing and about how VR is so much better than triplescreens, so I decided to get triplescreen setup.

Why? HTC vive is way over my budget and I realised I could get 2 monitors similar to what I have for 10x less money, actually even a bit less than that.

However the issue is I have pretty old monitor, it is 1920x1080 19'' and it only has VGA input. It is old version of ASUS 288 model.

I managed to find newer versions of ASUS 228 with HDMI and DVI-D for about 40-50€

Would they work with surround together?

I have seen some people with more mismatched monitors than I have getting it to work but still, I want to be sure. 

Also could the fact that I will be using DVI-I -->VGA adapter on one monitor cause some issues?

As long as their polarity and resolution match they should in theory work in surround. As it also happens with different monitor altogether. DVI-I to VGA wont create problems for surround except for the quality degradation which you may not even notice.