Software For Transfering Windows To New HDD

So I got a new 1tb hard drive to replace the old very worn out been running for over 15,000 hours 200gb hard drive in my dell computer and I was wondering what is a good software to transfer all of my files, games, and Windows to the new hard drive

Do not simply copy stuff over. It might cause errors to show up or problems with your windows install.

Do a fresh install of windows on the new HDD, reinstall your programs from their respective sites, then transfer files / documents from the old HDD

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

1 minute ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Do not simply copy stuff over. It might cause errors to show up or problems with your windows install.

Do a fresh install of windows on the new HDD, reinstall your programs from their respective sites, then transfer files / documents from the old HDD

problem is I can't find my windows 7 disk and the windows install is faily new only a few months old

3 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

problem is I can't find my windows 7 disk and the windows install is faily new only a few months old

Download the ISO from Microsoft's website onto a flash drive and install it from there

EDIT: It's not as simple as just downloading it, look for a tutorial online

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

On windows 7 use Acronis True Image, it works fine...It doesn't work under windows 10 so good, but 7 and 8 your set ! It literally copies EVERYTHING as is, settings and all. Of course it's not free, but i've been running it for years so I can vouch for it's working.

1 hour ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Download the ISO from Microsoft's website onto a flash drive and install it from there

EDIT: It's not as simple as just downloading it, look for a tutorial online

I downloaded it and now I'm installing it to my flash drive with universal USB installer a program that I usually use to create Linux boot flash drives but also works with sticking the windows install stuff on a bootable flash drive