OS Drive Transfer

AD540

I have an SSD set up as my boot drive and also as the Local Disk C: drive. I have an Asus Maximus V Gene motherboard which has the option to add a mPCIe SSD. I would like to move just the OS over to the mPCIe drive and leave my files and everything else on the current SSD.

Assuming you can access the mPCIe SSD from Windows explorer window ('cause if it's locked as cache, then it's useless). Also, this is assuming you have enough space on the mPCIe SSD for Windows, your account and future updates.

Backup all your stuff, and re-install Windows on the mPCIe SSD, and Restore form backup all your personal files to the SSD, and then, accessing the properties of folder like: Picture, Document, Videos, etc.. you'll see a tab called Location, in that tab, you can change the location of that folder, put it on the SSD drive to the appropriate files are.

You can't magically split Windows, your programs, and your files, and transfer as you want on which drive. You can clone a drive, but not do special arrangements.

you can move documents but installed programs its basically no, they all have a large number of settings and registry entries tied to its current location, if there's not that many just get their installers on a separate storage device and try and Frankenstein it but honestly its easier to just install windows of the other ssd and move the stuff from the old drive over as its needed